This is a digital file
This is an instant download pattern to create a vintage 1940's-1950's inspired cape. This garment can be made in a variety of fabrics as well as length.
1 1/2 yards of fabric
This is a pattern that you draft yourself using your own measurements! It creates a truly personalized and unique pattern to fit your body. To learn more about pattern drafting, please follow this link to see an example of pattern drafting, along with a video tutorial:https://aimeevictorianarmoire.com/2016/06/15/a-1950s-sleeveless-jacket-or-sleeveless-dress/
Please ask if you have any questions!
This listing is for the pattern only!
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept payment through PayPal, major credit cards, and Etsy gift cards for all items purchased through my shop. I must receive payment within 48 hours, or I reserve the right to cancel the sale, this includes custom orders. If purchasing more that one item, one payment through any accepted method for the total cost is acceptable. * Please see shipping policy on multiple purchases.*
CUSTOM ORDERS: Custom order listings must be paid in full before any work will be started. This secures your place on my custom order list, which works on a first come, first serve basis. Feel free to ask in advance if you have any questions!
Returns & exchanges
Ready Made Items - Each item is handmade and I go to great lengths to explain each item in detail. Please take time to compare your measurements to the ones listed. If you purchase an item and you are unhappy with the item, I will offer a full refund of the price of the item (shipping not included), if you contact me within two days (48 hours) of receiving the item based on tracking information provided. If the 48 hours have passed without contact, I will assume the item is acceptable and no refund will be needed.
If contacted within the 48 hour period, a full refund will be issued after customer ships the item back to me safely. Item must be shipped within the two days of original contact.
CUSTOM ORDERS - No refunds are offered on custom orders as they are personally designed and created. However, if you are unhappy with the finished product, please contact me before leaving a review, as I would love to see if alterations can be made.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD PATTERNS ONLY - Refunds are not offered for instant downloadable patterns. Please ask all questions before purchasing.
If you have any questions, please ask before purchasing the item. I am more than willing to answer any questions you might have on listed items.
Do you offer alterations on ready made items?
- Yes I do, if the alternations do not impact the integrity of the gown. Minor alterations such as hem shortening and minor bodice adjustments are available at an additional fee.
Why do you not use dress sizes in your ready made item descriptions?
- There is such a wide range of sizes that it would be very difficult to simply use a dress size to describe a gown. Therefore I use measurements based on inches to give a more precise idea. However, if you are within 1-2 inches of the measurements given, please do contact me to see if the item will still fit you. Many of these gowns are designed to accommodate a variety of sizes.
How do I secure a custom order listing from you?
- I do take custom orders on select items ( please see listing options in shop.). Customers can secure a spot on my list by purchasing a custom order listing which will be created for you after we discuss and agree upon measurements, fabric options, and timeline. Once details are agreed upon, please do not ask for changes or alterations. Fabric will be chosen by me using my own judgement but based on your prefered color choices and pattern. Pictures of fabric will be provided to you in advance if possible.
Feel free to contact me to see my current wait list.
*** please note that custom orders will be created using measurements given. I am not responsible if gown does not fit properly due to wrong measurements given by customer.
How do I care for my gown?
- I recommend hand washing or dry cleaning only. Using a modern washing machine can ruin the integrity of the hand sewn stitches. In addition, gowns composed of multiple yards of fabric washed in a machine can become very twisted and never fit right again. I recommend folding and storing your gown in a protective covering. Iron to remove wrinkles as needed.
Why are your gowns more expensive than others I have seen?
- Quality and historical accuracy are at the forefront of all of my garments. I use only natural, historically accurate fabric for all my pieces as well as rely on historically accurate patterns and examples to create each item. I focus on the look of each specific time period to ensure proper look, feel, and hang making sure not to be influenced by modern styles. While I do use a machine for basic construction, I take time to include many hand sewn details to add that touch of authenticity. Each garment is 100% made by me in my sewing studio.
Am I able to visit your store in person?
- At this point I do not have a brick and mortar store, but I do visit various reenactments throughout the season.
Do you offer wholesale options?
- I do offer a select number of gowns as wholesale prices. Please contact me for more information.