Retro Movie Camera-Vintage Bell & Howell 8mm Recording Accessory- Hand Held Super 8-Manual Wind Up-Photographer's Dream-Staging
Vintage Bell & Howell 8mm Motion Picture Camera, with case
Bell and & Howell was one of the finest producers of 8mm cameras for its time. This is in excellent pre-owned, cosmetic condition and will make a great addition to your vintage camera collection.
• Fabulous, vintage Bell & Howell movie camera from the 1950s; made in USA
• Sturdy, heavy-duty steel construction, with a mocha-toned, textured finish (allows for a better grip)
• This model has a wind-up motor, a film capacity indicator
• The lens is the original 10mm f/1.9 Super Comat.
• One side has a dial for opening the camera to load film
• A Sun Dial knob on front of the camera quickly adjusts for the lighting of your venue: SUN -BRIGHT - HAZY - SHADE- CLOUDY - DULL- and aperture settings from 1.9 to 16
• The freeze frame option is the small lever on the front of the camera. When pushed down the film rolls movie-style, when pushed up it captures a single frame.
• It operates by simply winding the spring loaded spool without the need for batteries or electricity!
• The camera has a clear viewfinder with red and yellow markings to get the right images within the frame.
• There is a Sunometer ASA Exposure Index on top of the camera
• Measures about 7" high (including Sunometer) x 2” wide x 3 ½” deep---sized to fit comfortably in your hand
• On the bottom, there is a threaded opening to accommodate a tripod
• A film canister is in the camera, but has been opened several times....not sure of the quality or what is on the film
• It has no corrosion, dents, or other visible damage, and the inside is pristine
• All parts seem to be working properly; has not been tested; no instruction manual. The mechanical functions seem to work as intended (winder, shutter, light settings).
• Viewfinder is clean, clear fixed lens has no hazing; the handle still cranks smoothly. **Working condition of this camera is not guaranteed
• Original top grain cowhide leather case with metal slide snap buckle and adjustable leather shoulder strap (rare to be fully intact). It is clean, well-stitched, the lettering is clear, and in overall superb condition.
This iconic piece of photography history has fantastic vintage charm and nostalgia. It will be a wonderful addition to any camera collection and a terrific retro display item. Use it as a great staging for a celebration (weddings, birthdays) or as a movie prop.
Thanks so much for looking at our collections in Finest Vintage (formerly Vintage Thrift Shop). We appreciate your visit and hope you find something here that evokes a fond memory or creates a new one for future generations!
**Save on shipping by combining items in one order. Please contact me BEFORE checkout to make any changes to this listing, including combined orders. I reuse recyclable materials for packaging/shipping, whenever possible.
These are vintage items and are sold “As Is”. Choose carefully. Vintage items are not eligible for return, refund or exchange. Any extra items in the accompanying photos are NOT part of this purchase. They are for photo props only.
Your purchase with me indicates that you have read and agree with my STORE POLICIES. Please read these policies carefully and contact me if you have questions.
Shipping costs are for the continental United States.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Please ensure that your address submitted during checkout matches your PayPal address, as that is the shipping address I will use. You may add other addresses to your PayPal account. **If your PayPal shipping address and Etsy shipping address do not match, I will NOT ship the item until you have confirmed the correct address. I want your item to get to you! I will contact you via Etsy email once your item has been mailed. If an item is returned to me for an incorrect address where it is the purchaser's mistake, I will require additional payment to ship it to the correct address.
Shipping in the U.S. is by the United States Postal Service, typically in the form of Priority Mail, which includes tracking/delivery confirmation. However, I do occasionally ship via Parcel Post or First Class, which often takes 6-9 days to arrive. Shipping charges are for the Continental United States and are based on the highest shipping cost from my location.
Shipping charges cover shipping and handling and include my costs for shipping supplies and materials. I reuse clean packing materials whenever possible. This means reusing shipping envelopes, packing peanuts, boxes,tissue paper, Styrofoam and cardboard.
***Please request insurance BEFORE check out, if desired, however, I reserve the right to include insurance cost on fragile/high value items. Insurance can only protect the cost of the item and does not protect shipping cost. I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. Please note that any upgrades from the standard shipping option will be the buyer's expense.
If you require an item by a certain date please contact me before purchase, so that we can check on alternatives to traditional mail, if necessary. Orders placed on weekends/holidays may take a longer.
At this time, I only accept PayPal payments (with your credit card). A PayPal account is not required to utilize this payment method, you only need a valid email address and credit card. More details: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/361
I kindly request payment immediately upon purchase. Transactions will be cancelled after 3 days of non-payment. All prices are in U.S. dollars. VA residents pay sales tax.
If you would like something to be put on hold or reserved before purchasing, please contact me BEFORE processing the sale. Otherwise I cannot reserve the item.
If you want multiple items on one order shipped separately, please request it by contacting me. You assume responsibility for shipping for each item and will be invoiced for the additional charges.
If you need to cancel an order, please do so within 2 days. If your payment has not been received in that time, I will contact you. If I do not receive a response to that communication within 3 days, I must cancel the sale.
Please do not “Commit to Buy” and then contact me to cancel. This costs both time and money, so if you are not ready to buy, either leave the item in your shopping cart or mark the item as a favorite. I reserve the right to refuse any transaction.
Returns & exchanges
Exceptions: I do not consider items in the U.S. "lost" until two weeks have passed since I mailed it. Report lost items within one month of purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: Items shipped to APO/IPO addresses should be treated as international orders when determining whether they are "lost". Allow at least one month before reporting it as lost.
If an item is returned by the postal service because it violates mailing requirements for prisons, military bases, government buildings, I will refund the purchase price MINUS the shipping. It is up to you to know what you may and may not have shipped to you.
I try to describe all items with details to help you make a decision about your purchase. I want you to be satisfied with our experience together. All my vintage items are sold in 'AS IS' condition. With regard to fragrance products, I will NOT be responsible for any liability resulting from the use of the product. You are paying only for the decanter.