This is a digital file
This steampunk digital pattern will let you craft pirate boots for your 18 inch doll. Designed to fit American Girl® and Our Generation® dolls, these boots coordinate with other KeLibu Steampunk Pirate patterns.
Flamboyant adventurers, sailing the airways in their steam and wind powered ships. Good-hearted rogues, roving the world in search of daring adventure and fantastic riches. These are the Steampunk Pirates.
Not into Steampunk? That’s ok. This boot pattern works equally well for traditional pirate outfits. You can even change the embellishments to give it a modern twist for a whole new look!
- 12 x 12 inch piece of lightweight vinyl or leather with some stretch*
- 7 ½ x 3 ½ inch piece of contrast/complementary vinyl or lightweight leather (optional)
- 3 ½ x 3 ½ inch piece of felt or fleece for lining the inner sole
- 6 x 3/16 inch wide brads
- 4 x 5/16 inch wide brads or rivets
- 2 large rivets, gears or other embellishments
- 10 inches of twill tape or ribbon
- Two pieces of 3 ½ inch long by ½ inch wide piece of hook tape and two pieces of 3 ½ inch long by 3/8 inch wide loop tape*
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of 6 mm foam for the outer soles**
- 3 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch piece of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles*
- 17 inches of 3/8 inch trim or 2 mm foam as trim for boot soles
- Scrap of cardboard, leather, foam etc. that is the same thickness as your boot material
- Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
*Lightweight leather/vinyl and thin hook and loop tape that is made for doll clothing works best for this pattern. I get mine from www.zipperthatdoll.com. Using thicker leather/vinyl and hook and loop tape may result in a tighter boot.
**A Note About Soles: Sole Style #2 in this pattern is compatible with the Punch Place Plus Die and their acrylic soles. This sole shape was designed by Jamie Omahen and use was granted to KeLibu. You may also choose to cut your own sole.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.