Penguin knitting pattern PDF, mobile hangers, diy gift and decoration, gift for kids and adults, baby shower
This is a digital file
hese sweet little penguins are knit up quickly and make a great gift for old and young kids. This pattern includes instructions for big and small penguins, so that you can make a whole family.
Techniques used are:
- knit in the round and in rows
- simple increases and decreases
- kitchener stitch/grafting
The toy is knit in the round with coat, flippers, beak, feet and eyes knit separately to be sewn on later. You can also pick up the stitches from the body directly, if you prefer. The gauge is not important, but you should use needles at least one size smaller than indicated on the yarn to prevent the fibrefill from showing. My penguins are made from cotton yarn on needles 2.5mm and measure about 6-7cm (2-3inches).
I will donate 100% of the money from this pattern sale directly to the WWF (World Wildlife Foundation). So who said knitting doesn’t make a change?? You make one!
What you need:
- approx. 10grams (30-40yards) cotton yarn or similar in the body colour (for example white or grey)
- 8-10grams (20-30yards) in the coat colour (black or dark grey)
- smaller leftovers of the same quality in yellow for feet and beak
- small leftovers in black for the eyes
- 5 double pointed needles (2.5 – 3.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
Please visit my blog : http://mumpitz.design/
PATTERN FOR PRIVATE USE ONLY! This pattern and items made from it may NOT be used for commercial profit!
More patterns can be found here: www.etsy.com/shop/KnitographyByMumpitz?section_id=12823724
If you want to buy a finished penguin please contact me!