This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
Luule means “poetry” in Estonian. The Luule stole was designed for and dedicated to my mother, because she wanted to knit pretty lace. The delicate lace is based on traditional Estonian stitch patterns, which are knit on both right and wrong sides of the fabric and include nupps. Instructions for both traditional and easy nupps are included.
This shawl begins with a provisional cast on followed by a lovely leaf lace edging and border. After the provisional cast on has been undone, the center is filled with diamond lace. The top edge mirrors the bottom. The instructions for the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out.
Size and finished measurements
One size – finished dimensions: 58 cm (23 inch) wide and 180 cm (71 inch) long, measured after blocking.
This stole is started using a provisional cast on and contains lace that is knit on both right and wrong sides of the fabric. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, k3tog, skp, yo, p2tog, a centered double decrease (sl2-k1-p2sso), Estonian 3 into 3 gathered stitches and nupps.
This pattern is suitable for the advanced knitter.
- Worked flat back and forth.
- For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 19.2 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body in Diamonds pattern. Gauge is however not critical for this design, the lace will open up after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch. (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
- Yarn: 800 m (875 yds) Garnstudio Drops Lace [70% alpaca, 30% silk; 400 m (438 yds) per 50 g]. Substitute any lace weight yarn of comparable thickness for a similar result
- Knitting needles in your preferred style in size 3.5 mm (US #4).
- Yarn needle
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on
- 11 stitch markers (optional)
- Crochet hook in a size equivalent to the size of your knitting needles (optional, for easy nupps)
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.