This is a digital file
A personalized belt in nuno felt. This workshop shows you how to make a nuno felt obi belt through step-by-step instructions (9 videos), that you can easily follow.
After buying the workshop, you'll get immediate access to 1 PDF with the instructions on how to download the 9 videos (from Vimeo).
What will you make?
This workshop shows you how to make an obi belt, that adapts to different waist sizes. It gives you two variations of the obi, with quite a lot of differences, even in the felting process. You’ll be working with the nuno felting technique.
What do you need to know?
Nuno felting requires you to have some confidence with wet felting already. But this project allows you to learn the basics of nuno felting. In fact, it’s a relatively easy way to start and to practice for bigger projects.
What will you learn?
• which fabric to choose for nuno felting
• how to wet felt multiple layers of wool and fabric
• nuno felting with the rubbing and the rolling processes
• when to use cold water and hot water during the nuno felting process.
How much time will it take?
This will greatly depend on how much experience and confidence you have with wet felting, but it can take you anywhere from 3 to 5 hours to complete.
What materials will you need?
• Gauze, cheesecloth or any other white loose woven fabric
• White industrial pre-felt (or make your own)
• Silk, cotton or any light, thin, loosely woven fabric
• Fabric strips or wool threads
• Extra-fine merino wool, preferably a wool top (blue or white)
• Plastic to cover your work surface
• Bubble wrap
• Water and a towel
• Rolling pin
• Small bamboo matt
For more detailed information on this workshop please refer to this short video
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING THE VIDEOS, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:
You might also like
More from this seller
- Other Method