KNITTING PATTERN - Cinematic Striped Garter Stitch Shawl - instant pdf download
This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
Cinematic is a simple but stylish triangular shawl knit sideways in garter stitch. With it’s generous size of 215 cm (84 ½ inch) along the upper edge and a depth of 52 cm (20 ½ inch) it is perfect to wear as an elegant scarf.
Eyelet rows and stripes in a contrast color, combined with a gradient yarn, make for a highly customizable accessory. Wear it with a shirt and jeans for a casual look or with that little back dress for a more dramatic look.
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and kfb. This pattern is suitable for the beginning to intermediate knitter.
Size and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 215 cm (84 ½ inch) along the upper edge and a depth of 52 cm (20 ½ inch), measured after blocking.
- Worked flat back and forth
- Gauge is not critical in this design, but should be on the loose side. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 16 sts / 34 rows = 10 cm (4 inch) in garter stitch.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages for the English version and 3 pages for the Dutch version (A4 size).
- Yarn: MC: 460 m (503 yds) / 100 g Uilenstad Swifter Sokkenwol [75% Wool, 25% polyamide] in “Sweet Pink”. CC: 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g Sockenwolle Treviso [75% Wool, 25% polyamide] in gray. Substitute any fingering weight yarn in a gradient for the MC and any solid color for the CC for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles were used for the sample shawl.
- Yarn needle
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.