- This Shetland/Cheviot fleece was processed by Zeilingers back in 2012.
- Each ball is 4oz
- This roving is from Tiana, from back when we had Shetland/Cheviot cross lambs. Since this is a cross fleece, and not a blend, it is like neither breed. It has great density, resilience, and workability. It has plenty of crimp, and a medium staple length.
- This roving is not as soft as our full Shetland roving, so keep that in mind. It also has some darker hairs mixed in, from her body spots.
- This fiber could be used in your spinning and felting projects. This roving is very clean, with only trace amounts of vegetable matter (most "jumps" out during the spinning process).
* This roving comes from a cat and dog household; neither are allowed in the roving bags.
**Please consider purchasing a sample ( for 1.00) before buying a larger amount. It is very hard to capture the true color of the fiber via picture, so I highly recommend sampling it to see if you like it. I did edit the photos a bit to try and show the true hue.
Shipping & Returns:
- I ship within 2 business days after receiving payment (via Paypal)
- Free Returns excepted up to 30days after payment
- No more free shipping (sorry friends<3)
About these breeds
Shetlands are a primitive short-tailed breed originating from the Shetland Isles off the coast of Scotland. They were first imported to the US in the 1980s. Rams (boys) can range from 95-130lbs, and ewes (girls) between 75-100. Rams typically have 2 spiraling horns, and ewes are typically polled (no horns); but the reverse is also possible. They are known for their incredibly soft and lustrous fleeces, witch can be used from lace shawls, to heavy sweaters. I've been raising shetlands for over 10 years.
Border Cheviots originate from the Cheviot Hills - the border between England and Scotland. They are an extremely hardy breed, that is prized for their wool, but mostly used for meat. In the Americanized Cheviot, both sexes are polled (no horns), and they are entirely white except for black hooves and nose. They are an extremely pure breed, and pass a lot of character onto their offspring. They have been cross-bred with other breeds to create new breeds such as the Montadale (Cheviot Ram x Columbia Ewe).
This Shetland/Cheviot cross is so common, it is actually considered its own breed! ( read more @ http://www.sheep101.info/breedsS.html)
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
- I ship within 1-2 business days of payment.
- U.S and International shipping are both available, with 7 different classes (prices). So please pick whichever method best fits your means; we aim to please.
- Free U.S shipping is no longer available, except for samples. (It was really cutting into our bottom line)
- If you would like extra insurance for a package, just let me know and I will add it. If a shipment is large (lets say over 2lbs) I will add extra insurance automatically.
- If you are buying from outside of the U.S, I will check with customs before shipping. If there is an embargo, or hold on an item, then I will notify you and we can proceed from there. *Fingers crossed no such issues occur*
Preferred payment is through PayPal, since it is so secure and reliable.
As for cancellations, just let me know asap. Hopefully before I ship your order.
Returns & exchanges
All items are eligible for a refund if they are deemed unsatisfactory, or not what you expected even after asking questions before ordering. Just let me know your reasoning, so it hopefully won't happen again.
If there are any damages or losses, please contact me asap! Then we can work on resolving the problem.
Thank you for visiting our ShetlandDelights Etsy site! If you'd like to learn more about where our products come from, feel free to visit our farm website ---> http://www.freddysfarmshetlands.com/
Have a great day!