Unique paint by number kit for adults & teens, 108/2 'Happy Dancer' (lt. blue center), 8.5"x11", made in the USA
Paint by number or DIY.
Designs by artist Peggy Cochran, copyright 2014.
Visit artyoucraft.com for more color variations of this image.
Before launching my business I had a control group of 6 individuals paint some of the images for feedback...they all said the process was relaxing, meditative & rewarding.
This unique paint by number kit on wood contains:
1) One (printed in the USA) 8 1/2 x 11 x 1/4" piece of plywood that is environmentally conscious and produced from sustainable wood sources (no hardwoods) and is NGBS Green Certified.
2) Sandpaper to round edges and corners of the wood.
3) Two quality paint brushes.
4) Numbered paint pots filled with the highest quality craft paint made in the USA.
5) Satin varnish, made in the USA, to protect your painting and enhance color.
6) Varnish brush.
7) Hanging display tab.
8) Paint by number black & white guide of the image printed on separate paper (numbers are not printed on the wood image).
9) An additional visual color guide printed on separate paper.
10) Complete instructions with helpful tips.
Art You Craft was created by artist/designer Peggy Cochran, who has worked for over 35 years in a variety of media including wood, porcelain and precious metals. A source of inspiration for her as a teenager was the paint-by-number series produced by Avalon, a company that operated from the 1950s to the early 1970s. Their unusual kits consisted of one-dimensional Early American images printed on wood. The color and texture of the wood were incorporated into the design, providing a surface both beautiful and durable. In fact, Peggy's childhood paintings on wood, which had hung in the family home in New Orleans, survived six weeks in Hurricane Katrina floodwaters.
Inspired by the quaintness and durability of the Avalon kits, Peggy has taken the concept in a new direction. The unique designs she has created in Art You Craft include modern as well as traditional imagery, in literal as well as abstract forms and shapes.
Peggy hopes those of all ages will enjoy the same feeling of joy and accomplishment afforded her through the process of painting by number.
There are eight different images in a variety of color combinations for the acrylic paint on wood kits. Colored pencil kits with images printed on 110 lb. premium card stock will be available soon.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)