DRESS FORM | Vintage Dressmaker Dummy | Adjustable Sewing Mannequin | Industrial Store Display | Photography Prop | Quality Queen Size A |
Dress Form | Vintage Dressmaker Dummy | Adjustable Sewing Mannequin | Industrial Store Display | Photography Prop | Quality Queen Size A |
D E S C R I P T I O N
• Presenting a vintage, adjustable dressmaker's form with adjustable metal stand. The actual form is hollow and adjustable; the measurements of the form can be adjusted and changed to fit the garment being made or displayed. Dress form has an adjustable, metal stand and a metal base composed of four metal feet. The dress form is covered in a blue and white heathered knit with a contrasting darker blue knit on the neck. Dress form has original foil sticker on the front. Great piece to display in a home or store.
C O N D I T I O N
• Very Good
Dress form is in overall Very Good vintage condition. Dress form is made from heavy molded cardboard/pasteboard. The form is assembled from smaller parts; the parts can be adjusted using the wingnuts and metal tracks in the dress form interior. The metal components of the dress form do have surface wear and surface rust (please use ZOOM on photos) although the rust is on the surface only and does not threaten the structural integrity of the form. Dress form is covered in a stretchy, knit fabric. The knit fabric is in overall Very Good condition. Fabric has some surface wear including some scattered small holes in the knit material (please use ZOOM on photos). White powdery stain on the front of dress form (please use ZOOM on first photo; stain is on the lower-front of form in the middle of the hips). Stain is a transfer and is not mold or mildew. Contrasting solid blue knit fabric used at the neck is in overall Very Good condition. The fabric has some surface wear including a small hole, piling, scattered small stains, and fading (please use ZOOM on third photo). The solid blue fabric displays more fading than the heathered fabric used on the form--which may be why they used the heathered fabric! Dress form has original, crown-shaped paper foil label on the form front. Paper label reads: Quality Queen Size A BUST 32-39 In. HIPS 34-41(?) In. There is a small tear in the label which obscures the second digit in the larger hip measurement. Paper label is in overall Very Good condition with some surface wear including small tears and surface scratches. Small areas of loss to label (please use ZOOM on fourth photo). Dress form has been vacuumed and is free from musty smells.
Adjustable metal stand is in overall Very Good vintage condition and has developed a nice patina. Dress form has a tendency to lean (please see photos). Stand's height can be adjusted with a large screw. Base of stand is in overall Very Good condition. Stand is sturdy with four feet present. Remains of a paper label can be seen on one of the feet (please use ZOOM on fifth photo). Stand and base have been painted with a metallic silver paint. Paint has surface scratches and areas of loss. Areas of surface rust on the stand and base.
D A M A G E
• surface scratches and surface rust on metal components of dress form
• blue heathered knit fabric has some small, scattered holes
• piling to the knit fabric surface
• small, scattered stains on darker-blue knit fabric used on neck
• darker blue knit fabric has faded in areas
• white, powdery transfer stain on front of dress form
• wear and loss to the foil paper label
• dress form has tendency to lean
• surface wear and paint loss to the metal stand and base
• surface rust on stand and base
• remains of a paper label on base
C I R C A
M A N U F A C T U R E R
• Quality Queen model
M E A S U R E M E N T S
dress form is adjustable:
Bust 32-39 inches / 81.28-99.06 cm
Hips 34-41 inches / 86.36-104.14 cm
Dress form has an adjustable stand
• shortest height is approx. 34 inches / 86.36 cm TALL
• maximum height is approx. 60 inches / 152.4 cm TALL
M A T E R I A L
• molded pasteboard
• knit fabric
• paper label
F O U N D
• somewhere in Colorado
• one (1) adjustable vintage dress form as shown in photographs
• Listing is for dress form only. All other items are used as photography props and are not included.
A D D I T I O N A L
• Listing is for DRESS FORM only. All other items are used as photography props and are not included.
• The information provided has been diligently researched to the best of my abilities. However, I am not infallible. Please ask questions PRIOR to purchasing to avoid disappointments or misunderstandings.
• Please remember that the very nature of vintage is pre-owned. Merchandise is sold AS-IS.
• Once a vintage item is sold, it is gone! I can not guarantee that I will find that item again.
• Photographs are a very important part of the item's description. Please review ALL of the photographs in addition to reading an item's description.
S H I P P I N G
• Due to the dimensions of the dress form, shipping price is set for fully-insured USPS Parcel Post. Please allow 6-8 business days for your package to arrive once shipped. This estimate is for the continental US; shipping to Alaska and Hawaii and international destinations will take longer. Shipping time for international customers vary and depend upon the package's destination. International orders: please allow up to eight weeks for your package to complete its journey and clear customs.
• Priority shipping is available for this item but, due to the dress form's dimensions, it will be much MORE EXPENSIVE! If you would like USPS Priority Mail please contact me PRIOR to purchasing.
• Due to the dimensions of the dress form, shipping to Alaska and Hawaii will be an additional $35.00 for a total shipping price of $120.99. Please contact me to update shipping costs for customers in Alaska and Hawaii.
• The USPS is subject to weather and volume of mail. The expected delivery dates are estimates provided by USPS. These estimates are usually accurate but occasionally a package may arrive a little earlier or a little later than the given estimate. Please don't be alarmed if it looks like your package has taken up permanent residence in the Denver/Aurora sorting hub. I have found the USPS to be very reliable. However, they may not always scan a package along its shipping route; this is especially common with larger and odd-shaped packages.
• Tracking is included in the shipping price for customers in the US, Canada, Australia,New Zealand, the UK, and most EU countries
• Insurance is included in the shipping price. Shipping is provided by the USPS (for domestic Priority Mail) and by Shipsurance (for items shipped domestic USPS Parcel Post and international orders).
• Due to the purchase price of the dress form, this will ship with Signature Confirmation. You will NEED TO SIGN FOR YOUR PACKAGE IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE DELIVERED. This is a requirement of the insurance company that I use and it prevents expensive items from being left on porches, entryways, or other exposed areas.
• Shipping is a on the high side due to the dimensions and weight of the dress form; shipping gets very expensive when any measurement is over 20 inches / 50.8 cm. The shipping price listed is a realistic estimate. A refund on shipping overages of $2.00 or more will be issued via original payment method. I will only discount shipping if multiple items are purchased. Multiple item shipping discount has already been calculated and no coupon is required. Please do not ask me to discount shipping when purchasing one item. Please do not make an "offer" on shipping. The shipping price is a realistic estimate based on the item's dimensions.
I N T E R N A T I O N A L
• Apologies for the ridiculously high cost of shipping. International shipping from the US is stupidly expensive and the price increases dramatically as the package weight increases.
• Due to the weight and size of the dress form, shipping may not be available to all countries.
• International shipping is available to some countries. Please contact me for a shipping price if your country is not listed. VAT and customs taxes may be added to any international purchases; this is especially true for buyers in the UK and in Scandinavia. International buyers must be familiar with their country's shipping laws and regulations. I have no control over the duties and taxes that your country may charge you once the package has cleared customs. If you have any questions, please contact your local post office. This handy website will help you calculate the cost of potential import duties: http://www.dutycalculator.com
• Due to problems with slow or non-delivery I am unable to ship to Mexico and Brazil.
• Any import fees, brokerage fees, VAT, etc. are separate charges determined by your country's import laws. These fees go directly to your government. I do not receive any of these fees.
• If you do not claim your package for any reason (duties, custom fees, etc.) and your package is returned to me unopened, I will only refund you the cost of the item and that will only be if the box was returned in unopened condition and the item(s) purchased is/are in the exact same condition as when I posted the package. Shipping fees will not be refunded as I fulfilled my obligation in packaging and shipping the item(s) to you in good faith and have already paid for the non-refundable postage. Please only purchase the item if you are familiar with your country's import duties and are comfortable paying any additional VAT, taxes, or handling fees that YOUR country will charge.
• If you refuse your package simply because you do not want to pay the fees and you do not contact me to let me know of the impending return; I will charge you a 20% restocking fee upon receipt of the unopened, unclaimed package. I regret having to implement an international restocking fee; however there has been an increase in refused and returned packages without prior communication. To save yourself time and money please be aware of your country's import laws and restrictions: http://www.dutycalculator.com
• UK customers: purchases totaling £15 or more are subject to the current VAT rate. An additional brokerage fee/customs charge of £8 may also be applied to your purchase. These fees are separate from the shipping price from this shop and are your responsibility. For any questions regarding import fees and the current VAT rate, please contact your local Post Office or visit http://www.royalmail.com/
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW:
• Please read my shop policies section before purchasing. If you have any questions or concerns regarding my items or policies, please email me before purchasing.
• Please check the photos for condition issues. If you would like additional photos or have any questions, just ask!
• Just a reminder, Etsy defines "vintage" as any item that is 20 years and older. Etsy does not allow the sale of items less than 20 years old unless the item is handmade by the seller. So, almost all the items in my shop are 20 years or older and were most likely pre-owned and pre-loved. These items are not new but are pretty great.
Happy vintage hunting!
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
- Vintage items purchased during the week are usually shipped within two (2) days of payment. If you need your item shipped the same day it was purchased (up until 4.30 pm Monday-Friday Mountain Standard Time), please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- Items purchased on Friday after 4 pm Mountain Standard Time (MST), Saturday or Sunday will be shipped Monday morning.
- No shipping on Sundays or holidays as the post office is closed.
- Many of the items that I list are heavy, fragile glass and require larger boxes to accommodate plentiful packing materials. In order to keep costs down for my customers, I generally ship United States Postal Service Ground Parcel Post and will combine shipping on most items.
- Etsy does not provide a shipping calculator and the shipping prices listed are only estimates from the United States Post Office rate calculator for Parcel Post and are based on the most expensive rate. If the postage you paid EXCEEDS the actual cost of shipping by $2.00, I will issue a refund for the difference via the original payment method. For example, if the cost of shipping listed is $12.00 and the actual cost of shipping (including insurance, Signature Confirmation, etc.) is only $8.00, I will refund the difference of $4.00 back to you. If, for any reason, the actual cost of shipping is HIGHER than the price charged to the customer, no additional shipping will be charged to the customer.
- I generally ship USPS Ground Parcel Post; please allow up to ten business days for your package to arrive when mailed USPS Ground Parcel Post. If Priority is a reasonable option (usually for smaller items), I will ship Priority.
- I understand that shipping may sometimes seem a bit high but I DO NOT BUILD A PROFIT INTO MY SHIPPING PRICES. I do not charge a handling fee. The cost of postage was recently raised in the U.S. and that accounts for shipping rates being slightly more expensive.
- Every item is shipped with a USPS tracking number, which allows the package to be tracked by the customer.
- The definition of "Postage Paid" includes actual cost of postage, cost of insurance, and cost of signature confirmation (if applicable).
- Every vintage item will ship with insurance.
- Any item over $75 will automatically ship with USPS Signature Confirmation. This is required by the company that insures the packages.
- Once an item is mailed I can guarantee that the post office WILL NOT handle it carefully. Because I love these items as much as you do, I will pack everything with care. Fragile items are packed securely using a variety of packing supplies, including bubble wrap, air-pak, foam peanuts, egg-crate foam, and carved foam mounts. I do not mark anything FRAGILE because I was warned by USPS employees that packages marked FRAGILE are tossed around more than unmarked packages. Insurance for incredibly fragile, delicate, valuable, expensive, heavy, etc. items may have insurance added at the discretion of the seller.
- You will receive an email through the Etsy convo system you once I ship your item. The email will contain the tracking number so you may track your package. If I am delayed in shipping, I will let you know promptly. If you have not received an email, please check your Etsy convos. A copy of the email will also be sent to your email account.
- Items will automatically be shipped with a packing slip that displays the costs of the item and postage. If you have purchased an item as a gift and want a gift invoice (an invoice with the cost of item removed), please let me know in the "Note to Seller" at checkout.
- When possible and appropriate, I try to re-use boxes and some types of packing materials to reduce environmental impact.
- I DO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY. If you are outside the United States, contact me about shipping rates.
- Please remember that the international shipping rate is an estimate based on size, weight, and destination. If the actual cost of postage paid EXCEEDS $2.00, I will refund the difference via original payment method.
- International customers are responsible for being familiar with their country's postal regulations and customs and are responsible for any and all importation taxes and fees. Please contact your local post office if you have any questions concerning importation taxes/customs fees/brokerage fees and for any shipping restrictions. This handy website will help you calculate the cost of potential import duties: http://www.dutycalculator.com
- Any import fees, brokerage fees, VAT, etc. are separate charges determined by your country's import laws. These fees go directly to your government. I do not receive any of these fees. These fees will need to be paid before you can receive your package. If you refuse your package simply because you do not want to pay the fees and you do not contact me to let me know; I will charge you a 20% restocking fee upon receipt of the unopened unclaimed package. I regret having to implement an international restocking fee; however there has been an increase in refused and returned packages. To save yourself time and money please be aware of your countries import laws and restrictions.
- Due to problems with slow or non-delivery I am unable to ship to Mexico and Brazil.
- UK customers: purchases totaling £15 or more are subject to the current VAT rate. An additional brokerage fee or customs charge may also be applied to your purchase. These fees are separate from the shipping price from this shop and are your responsibility. For any questions regarding import fees and the current VAT rate, please contact your local Post Office or visit http://www.royalmail.com/
- All items mailed internationally will be marked "merchandise" and will have the actual value of the item declared. Please do not ask me to mark an item as a "gift" or to lie about the actual cost of the item. I will not alter the cost of the item because:
1) It's illegal to forge customs information and I don't really want to get into trouble.
2) I have an online shipping account with Etsy and it automatically fills that information into the customs form and I can not change it. So, even if I wanted to change the form, I couldn't change the form.
Please be familiar with the prohibitions and restrictions of your country's import laws. Each country have different restrictions and prohibitions. Two international mailing prohibitions of which I am aware:
- I can not ship any toys (that are not made out of wool) to Italy.
- I can not ship any fruit crates to Australia.
However, restrictions and prohibitions may change at any given time.
Accepted methods of payment are PayPal, Etsy Direct Checkout, and Etsy Gift Cards.
I do accept E-Checks paid through PayPal. Please know that it may take 3-7 business days for PayPal to complete the transaction. Although the money might have been deducted from your checking account within 1 or 2 days of the transaction, the money still needs to be credited to my PayPal account. The entire process may take as long as 7 business days, especially if the transaction occurred at the end of the week or over the weekend. When someone uses an E-Check to pay for an item, PayPal gives me an estimated date of when the transaction will be complete. Once I receive this information from PayPal, I will email you with an estimated ship date. As soon as the money is deposited into my PayPal account, I will ship your item.
Payment plans (Lay-Away) are available for individual items over $75.00 and for collective purchases over $150.00. To be eligible for the Payment Plan option, the customer must have a 100% Positive Feedback rating. If you are interested in a payment plan, please contact me for more information. Any items purchased on a payment plan will be shipped only after the final payment is made and the outstanding balance is 0.00.
Returns & exchanges
Etsy only allows the sale of handmade and vintage goods. According to Etsy, vintage is any item that is over 20 years old. The very nature of vintage is old and most likely used. Please know that when purchasing vintage, you are not purchasing a new item. The item's condition will be provided in the description. Please read the item description thoroughly and use the provided photos as reference. If you have any questions, please contact me prior to purchase.
Please be sure of your selection and email me with any questions or concerns regarding any item. Unless I have grossly misrepresented an item, I will generally not issue refunds. I cannot accept returns due to a change of heart or buyer's remorse.
Most of the items will ship with insurance. If an item was damaged in transit, the customer MUST SUPPLY PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DAMAGE. A refund will not be processed until photographs are received. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I DO NOT refund cost of shipping for returns. If a refund is given, it will be for the cost of the item only, not for shipping costs.
By purchasing the item, you agree that you have read my store policies and that you understand and agree to the policies. If you have any questions regarding my policies, please contact me.
Threatening, aggressive, or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and will be immediately reported to Etsy.
Refunds will not be given AFTER 45 days.
I am not a scary person; if you have any questions or concerns at any time, please let me know. Good communication is important for a positive experience. If for any reason you are unhappy with your item please contact me so that we may rectify the situation. I try to check my Etsy conversations several times a day, so if you have any questions or concerns, please know that I will respond quickly.
Please know that I want your God Save Strawberry Jam experience to be a happy one and I love repeat customers. I strive to maintain a professional business and take my responsibility to the customer seriously. Please remember that the majority of my items are vintage pieces and will most likely have some wear. I will give accurate descriptions of the item and describe and photograph any flaws. If you have any questions regarding any of the items listed, please contact me and I will answer your questions in a timely manner. If you would like additional photographs of the item, please contact me.
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
Emails, questions, and conversations will be conducted ONLY through the Etsy convo system. If you are anticipating a reply, please check your Etsy account.
Feedback is a very important part of Etsy and allows buyers and sellers to conduct transactions in good faith. If you are considering leaving less than positive feedback, please contact me so we can hopefully rectify the situation.
If you request a reserve, I will place a reserve on the item for 72 hours (3 days). If after 72 hours you either do not purchase the item or contact me to extend the reserve, I will remove the reserve so that other people may have an opportunity to purchase the item.
At this time, I am not able to trade merchandise with other Etsy shops.
Purchasing an item confirms that you have read to and agree with my store policies. If you have any questions about shipping, refunds, insurance, or anything else, please contact me PRIOR to purchase. I try my very best to accurately describe an item's condition. If you would like any additional information or photos, please let me know. I cannot accept returns because of buyer's remorse or a change of heart.
Color hues may vary slightly on different computer monitors. If you have a question regarding an item's color, please email me and I can provide additional photos and clarify coloration.
All items will be carefully cleaned before being shipped to their new homes, unless cleaning would damage or devalue the item.
Items are stored in a smoke-free (I have asthma--cough, cough) environment. Items are cleaned (unless cleaning would damage or devalue item) before shipment. Because most of my items are vintage and pre-owned, I cannot guarantee that the item lived in a smoke/pet-free environment before me. If I notice any type of odor, I will mention it in the item description. However, I do try my best to not carry stinky inventory.
Everything listed is owned by me, the shop owner. I do not take anything on consignment.
If you have any questions regarding condition, please contact me. Each item has a graded condition (Mint, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, and Poor) that is included in the description.
-MINT: No wear or damage on item. Pristine condition. In the exact same condition as when new.
-Excellent: Only very minor wear. No damage to item.
-Very Good: Only very minor wear. May have have very minor damage such as very small chips, hairline cracks, or glaze crazing. Damage would not detract from overall appearance and must be very difficult to detect. Any damage must not threaten integrity of item.
-Good: Light to medium wear. May have some minor damage such as small chips, hairline cracks, or glaze crazing. Damage would not detract from overall appearance but may be somewhat noticeable. Any damage must not threaten integrity of item.
-Fair: Medium to heavy wear. Some damage present, including chips, breaks, cracks, tears, etc. Damage may detract from overall appearance and may need to be repaired.
-Poor: Heavy wear. Significant damage including large breaks, chips, cracks. Item would need to be repaired or may be used for parts.
As always, all items are guaranteed to be 100% not haunted!
PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY LISTINGS VERBATIM. All content in my listings including photographs and research are my exclusive intellectual property. I work very hard to research and describe my vintage items to the best of my abilities. I don't mind sharing my information and research but DO NOT just copy and paste my descriptions for your item. That is super-lame.