Quick Tip Photo Cards: Photography "Cheat Sheets" for Moms - DSLR Photography Reference Cards For Your New Camera!
These adorable Quick Tip Photo Cards are perfect for any mom who wants to improve her photography skills! They make a great gift or stocking stuffer for a mom with a new camera as well.
The set comes with 14 double-sided plastic cards, intended as reference cards for your camera bag or on-the-go. The deck is comfortable in your hand, small enough to fit in your back pocket, and has a handy ring to keep everything together. The cards sets are all professionally printed on smooth, durable plastic so that they can be hung on your camera bag and withstand years of use.
Each card is stock full of helpful descriptions and handy charts. The color-coded borders will help you flip quickly through the deck to find what you want!
The tips on the cards are aimed at an absolute beginner to an intermediate photographer who is learning how to use manual mode. All the content comes from Meg Calton, a blogger at SnapHappyMom.com, who is passionate about helping moms take better pictures of their own children. The tips on these cards are the most common things she found that moms needed to reference as they improved their photography skills.
The cards cover these topics:
- Exposure – These 4 cards lay down the basics of how exposure works, in easy to understand language, including the exposure triangle, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. The first card is a super handy reference chart for how all three elements are related to each other and the cause/effect of each part of exposure. Many friends have called this card “worth the weight of the whole deck!” These cards will be the most used by moms who are trying to shoot in manual mode but need a quick reminder with how to adjust their settings.
- Shooting – These 2 cards include a step-by-step guide to shooting in manual, a troubleshooting guide for what to do if it’s too bright/dark/etc, and then an overview of your light meter and histogram. These cards are perfect if you’re starting to experiment with getting off automatic and taking control of your exposure.
- Camera Tips – These 4 cards talk about how to avoid blurry photos, what kind of blur you actually want, how to use white balance in your camera, the semi-automatic modes, and exposure compensation. Most of these tips work with any type of camera.
- Lighting – This card discusses how to get good lighting indoors and outdoors.
- Working With Kids – These 2 cards feature tips on how to get your kids to smile, ideas for encouraging cooperation with children, and tips for moms to feel more confident photographing her kids. These cards would benefit ANY mom, no matter what camera she uses or how experienced she is!
**This listing does NOT include a Carabiner. **
This listing is for one physical product. Camera and camera bag are for explanatory purposes only.
The cards, designs, content, and method of construction are copyrighted Snap Happy Mom, 2016-2018.