PATTERN Heartstrings cushion cover - envelope/button opening - superchunky/superbulky yarn - easy to intermediate
This is a digital file
*****************PATTERN PDF file for Heartstrings cushion cover**************
3 strings of hearts – with love to you. Superchunky/superbulky yarn makes for an up-to-date and superquick knit.
The pattern is easy/intermediate, as you will need to know how to cast/bind on and off, knit, purl, and simple cabling. (Even if it’s your first time cabling, you will be able to, it’s that easy!) This is an envelope cushion cover with buttons and buttonholes to enable easy insertion of the cushion. There is the option of no buttons or buttonholes for a simpler closure on the reverse of the cushion, if you prefer.
Quick and fun to knit to bring extra love to your home!
Knitted on flat 2 needles and sewn up the sides.
Instructions are in English, with British and American terms. Full support if needed - I am always willing to help.
Measurements: to fit cushion 41cm x 41cm/ 16in x 16in, (although slightly smaller and larger cushions should be suitable, as the cushion measures approx 38x38cm/15x15in unstretched and stretches to approx 46x46cm/18x18in max).
• 5 x 50g balls Drops Eskimo Uni Colour; Colour 31 or any other colour. Other superchunky or superbulky yarns may be suitable, but they must give the desired tension/gauge on 9mm (UK00 – US13 ) . (See tension/gauge instructions below.)
• 8mm (UK0 – US11) and 9mm (UK00 – US13 ) single point knitting needles.
• 3 x approx 3-4cm/1-1.5in buttons for the opening if using, and matching cotton thread. (It may be possible to use the yarn.)
• A cable needle (approx 6.5mm or larger).
• A tapestry or large needle to sew up, and a thinner needle for the cotton thread, if using.
• A cushion or foam pad approx 41cm x 41cm/16in x 16in.
Tension/Gauge; 11st and 14 rows to 10cm (4in), over stocking stitch on 9mm (UK00 – US13 )
needles. Adjust the needle size if necessary. (If there are less stitches, use a thinner needle. If there are more stitches, use a thicker needle.)
All patterns and photographs are copyrighted and are not to be copied or reproduced. Items made may be sold for profit (on a small scale only), but please credit my Etsy shop 'TheLonelySea' and include a link to my shop in your listing or at point of sale. Thank you.
Patterns cannot be returned or refunded, owing to their nature, but I am always willing to help, so if you have a problem, please convo me.
For more patterns, please visit >>>>>>>>>>>>>
You might also like
More from this seller
PAYMENT - I accept payment through Paypal, credit or debit card, and Etsy gift tokens.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
READY KNITS can be returned in original condition, at the buyers expense, for a full refund if unsuitable. Please note all washing instructions, as I don't refund if it has shrunk in the wash! 😊