This is a digital file
Knitting Pattern Collection of 16 Christmas Stockings Charts fair isle with detailed instruction for Personalized Santa Sock PDF only
Learn to knit a personalized Christmas stocking with fair isle patterns! This PDF includes the instructions on how to plan and knit a personalized Christmas stocking and 16 charts to vary the design! The planning and knitting process is explained on the skier stocking as an example in the first file. In the second file there are 16 unusual Christmas charts to knit your own stockings.
The 16 charts are for unusual characters for Christmas stockings. I have developed these charts in the last 5 years on many Christmas stockings. Knit a different one for every member of the family.
The charts are for:
And a selection of smaller pattern to mix and match as desired
A basic understanding of fair isle knitting and knitting on double point needles is an advantage. I would rate this pattern as intermediate to advanced. The pattern contains lots of photographs.
Please note: You are not buying a physical Christmas stocking, these are knitting patterns to make your own. I also sell actual Christmas stockings, please check out these listings:
Please note there are 2 files in the attachment.
Material (for 1):
Kilkarra Studio Donegal Aran Tweed pure wool in colours:
4754 Rua-red (about 50g), 4824 Ull-green (50g), 1443 bainin-
white (about 30g),4801-brown (about 30g)
Set of double point needles (5)
Size Europe 4.5 / US 7
Size: 7” (18 cm) wide, 23” (58cm) long
19sts wide x 21sts high over 4x4”
Other kinds of yarn can be used, the size will depend on thickness of yarn.
You may sell items made from this pattern (they sell really well!), but please don't sell the pattern itself.
This is a very satisfying project that looks amazing (I get many compliments), but it's actually not too difficult and quick to knit once you get the hang of it. I'm around to answer questions if you're stuck. I would love to keep in contact and see your beautiful stocking, follow me on Instagram (@Santas_Sock_Central) or Twitter (@GigiSantasSocks)
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept Paypal and Direct Checkout. Items will be shipped once payment has cleared (unless a custom order has to be made first). Payment in advance must be made for personalized Christmas Stockings.
Returns & exchanges
If you are not happy with your purchase I will take items back in return for the purchase price except for personalized Christmas stockings: I start knitting at the top and cannot sell these to anyone else. I will send lots of photos during the knitting process to ensure the personalized Christmas stockings are as requested, however once shipped I cannot take them back.
I accept and welcome custom orders. Turnaround time for custom orders varies a lot. I recommend ordering early to make sure your personalized Christmas Stockings are planned, knitted, shipped and arrive in time for Christmas. If I get as many orders as I can reasonably handle, I will no longer accept custom orders (this usually happens at some point in October). I send photos after each stocking is finished. Check out my facebook page where I show off my finished stockings.
Questions for buyers of Christmas Stockings:
1. What is the name and which main pattern (reindeer, snowmen etc.) and which colours should go with the name?
2. Acrylic or Pure wool?
Acrylic is easy to care for, it stretches to hold lots of goodies, most stockings previously knitted are acrylic, stockings can be washed in the washing machine, lots of colours to choose from.
Pure wool is thicker and stockings turn out larger. The stockings have to be stored in a plastic bag or container and should be hand washed in cold water and dried flat. There are 16 colours to choose from, the wool is slightly speckled.
3. What size would you prefer? Does it have to be no longer than a certain length? Usually stockings will be about 22" long, 6" wide. If the name is longer than 7 characters, the top will be wider to accommodate the names. If you're ordering a set, the tops will be matched to the widest name. I can make the rest of the stocking wider to accommodate a long name, but then it would be shorter.
4. As you are looking at the stocking hung up, should the toe be pointing to the right (shaped like this: L) or to the left, shaped like this: J? The name will be on both sides, but it's nicer if the reindeer "walk" into the same direction as the toe is pointing.
5. If you are ordering a set of several stockings, would you like the smaller patterns be all the same, all different or a mix of same and different ones?
6. Would you like to choose the smaller patterns or can I do it as I knit? There are limitations to what can and can't be done. It's easiest if you let me know if there are any patterns that you don't like at all and some that you particularly like and want included.
7. Do you need the loop at the top to be a certain length? I usually make it 2.5" up, but can make it bigger or smaller.
8. If your stocking has a reindeer as the main pattern, would you like one of them to get a little red nose?
9. Any other special requests, just let me know :)
I live in a cat friendly environment.