This is a digital file
Perfect for the bird-lover, here is a 3 piece collection of my freeform peyote/brick stitch beading patterns of the Anna's Hummingbird.
*Anna's hummingbird (Calypte anna), a medium-sized hummingbird native to the west coast of North America, was named after Anna Masséna, Duchess of Rivoli. In the early 20th century, Anna's hummingbirds bred only in northern Baja California and southern California. The transplanting of exotic ornamental plants in residential areas throughout the Pacific coast and inland deserts provided expanded nectar and nesting sites, allowing the species to expand its breeding range. Anna's hummingbirds can shake their bodies 55 times per second to shed rain while in flight, or in dry weather, to remove pollen or dirt from feathers. Unlike most northern temperate hummingbirds, the male Anna's hummingbird sings during courtship. The song is thin and squeaky, interspersed with buzzes and chirps, and is drawn to over 10 seconds in duration. During the breeding season, males can be observed performing an aerial display dive over their territories. The males also use the dive display to drive away rivals or intruders of other species. When a female flies onto a male's territory, he rises up about 130 ft (40 m) before diving over the recipient. As he approaches the bottom of the dive, the male reaches an average speed of 27 m/s (89 ft/s), which is 385 body lengths per second. At the bottom of the dive, the male travels 23 m/s (51 mph), and produces a loud sound described by some as an "explosive squeak" with his outer tail-feathers.*
The finished work for all pieces vary (see photo #2) & can be used as a pendant, charm, earring, or sewn onto your favorite accessory.
♥ Individual patterns (see photo #3) are available upon custom request ($1.50 each) ♥
For more hummingbird patterns: https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturalWondersByCari?ref=seller-platform-mcnav&search_query=hummingbird
►These are digital PATTERNS in PDF format only - NOT a finished product.
The files will be directly downloadable through Etsy.
The zip file includes:
• 3 unique peyote/brick stitch patterns in PDF format
Each PDF pattern contains
• a computer generated illustration of the finished piece
• a bead chart with the Delica numbers, names and bead counts
• a large, full color bead graph (use with brick stitch word chart)
• a line by line word chart (in brick stitch format)
• a large, blank, color bead graph (for those who want to weave their own way)
• a hand-drawn example of peyote stitch thread path diagram (word chart not included)
• how to -brick & peyote stitch web tutorial links
• This is a digital pattern only, not a tutorial.
• This pattern does not include separate instructions for how to do peyote/brick stitch. You can find many instructions and videos on the internet.
• This pattern is suitable for anyone who knows Peyote/Brick stitch and is comfortable with even/odd/increasing/decreasing stitches.
• "Adobe Reader" is required to open the pattern file and print the pages you desire. You may download a free copy of the "Adobe Reader" on the internet.
FAIR USE POLICY
• You may use this pattern to make items for personal or commercial use, no mass production.
• You may NOT share, distribute, sell, kit, copy, publish or teach the pattern or any part of the pattern.
• If you wish to publish or sell your finished item (on or offline), you must give credit to me by linking back to the page where you bought the pattern or include my name or shop name (CariAnne Slotterback / NaturalWondersbyCari.etsy.com) in the description.
• Purchase of this pattern in no way implies purchase or transfer of the copyright for either the pattern or the design itself which shall remain with CariAnne Slotterback / Natural Wonders by CariAnne.
• Purchase of this item means you agree to these terms.
♥ Thank you for supporting the designer's rights.
♥ Thank you for visiting my shop & I hope you come again!
♥ Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
*[Thumbnail image & text ©https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna%27s_hummingbird]