KNITTING PATTERN - Elena Half Hap - garter stitch lace shawl - instant pdf download
This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
Worked in this lovely rustic yarn by Moeke Yarns, the Elena Half Hap makes for a wonderful cozy shawl. Perfect to wrap up in on a chilly day. Elena is made in the tradition of the shawls from the Shetland Isles, making for a very interesting construction.
Elena is started at one corner of the center triangle and increased until big enough. Stitches are then picked up along the edges and the stunning striped border is worked outwards. The shawl is finished with a gorgeous edging that is knitted on sideways and attached to the live stitches of the border as it is being worked.
Size and finished measurements
Size S (L): Wingspan of 185 (215) cm (72 ¾ (84 ½) inch) and a depth of 91 (105) cm (35 ¼ (41 ¼) inch), measured after blocking. The shawl shown is in size L.
Stitches used include knit, skp, yo as well as various increases and decreases. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 10.5 sts / 12.5 rows = 10 cm (4 inch) over body pattern in the center triangle. This is a relatively loose gauge for an airy fabric.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 8 pages (letter size).
- Yarn: Moeke Yarns Elena (100% wool; 330 m (361 yds) / 100 g) in the following colors and amounts:
MC: 255 (290) m (278 (318) yds) / 77 (88) g in Natural
C1: 241 (290) m (264 (318) yds) / 73 (88) g in Gray
C2: 152 (244) m (166 (267) yds) / 46 (74) g in Coral
- For the sample shawl a circular needle size 4.5 mm (US #7), 80 cm (32 inch) long was used.
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch
- 1 removable stitch marker to mark the RS (optional)
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.