Children's KS2 Roman mosaic kit plus worksheets
Some cutting required (scissors can be used, adult supervision recommended)
Third image shows a typical mosaic kit and what you can expect to receive, the mosaic itself will be the main image.
Gladiator sword of freedom - The Rudis.
The Rudis was a wooden sword given to gladiators which symbolised their freedom. This could only be won by the gladiator impressing the crowd so much that they demanded he be awarded it. There were even some gladiators who carried on fighting in the arena even after gaining a rudis.
These kits are ideal for children wanting to make a small mosaic for a school project of just for fun. Easy to do they come with full instructions.
The tiles used are child safe and if you pick one of the kits that needs cutting then they can be cut with scissors!
Free shipping within mainland UK
Choking hazard, small parts. Not recommended for under 3 years.
Adult supervision recommended
Each kit contains;
MDF board - Size 10.5 cm x 10.5 cm
Pattern and instruction sheet
Glue & spreader stick
Unglazed ceramic mosaic tiles (colours may vary slightly from those shown)
Also included with the mosaic kit is:
KS2 Children's Roman Mosaic Project Papers
Recommended age- 7 years +
The information is aimed at 8 - 9 year old's who are studying the Romans at school. Working through this pack will give you an understanding of the history, how the patterns and images were used and much more. Easy to work through and clearly set out.
Do as much or as little as you want of the exercises, some are to colour in, some are puzzles.
1. Roman mosaics - A brief history. A Roman mosaic information sheet gives you a short guide to the history of floor mosaics, how they were made and what images they had.
2. Wordsearch - all the words are to do with Roman mosaics, see if you can find them all.
3. Find the patterns - two drawings of Roman mosaic patterns where you have to try to work out what the pattern is.
4. Geometric patterns in Roman mosaics - A full colouring in sheet of different geometric mosaics.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)