This industrial art desk has 26 pages of intriguing illustrations on how to do just about anything or at least for a child learning, introduce you to a world of learning skills.
Each lesson is on a scroll that rolls freely. The lessons are as follows:
Page 1 The Chautauqua Industrial Art Desk "a plan to promote the culture of work and play among children in the home"
3. Shapes of animals to draw
4. Goldie Licks story and how to draw.
5. Learning about farm animals
7. Drawing faces and 3 famous ones.
8. Reading music
9. Penmanship the Palmer Method.
10. Hand lettering with a brush
11. Telegraphic codes
13. Business forms
14. Drawing perspectives
15. Electrical lesson
16. Railroad illustrations
17. History on the way we travel
18. Tool diagrams
19. Blueprints of a house
20. Pencil drawing
21. Color wheel and flags
22. More flags of countries
23. Learn to paint fruit and flowers
24. Study of bugs and wheat
25. Study of birds.
26. Three famous paintings, can you talk, Madonna of the chair and Priscilla spinning.
Copywriter in 1913 by Lewis E Myers & Co. Of Valparaiso Indiana. And Toronto Canada.
Comes with a map and chalk board on one side and the lessons to hold brushes and pencils on the other. The map and first page got water damage but still in fine shape and solid. Made well. Pretty good for 103 years old. Wow!
Measures 22" x 17 1/2" d x 3 1/4" h when folded closed.
Folded sitting up its 18 1/2" h.
If need more pics, I have many more.
My name is Kim, thanks for coming in The Friday Barn on Etsy and also on Facebook and Instagram.
You might also like
Shipping & policies
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale