- Question? Contact the seller
Liquid candle dye in easy to use dropper bottles. Eight vibrant colors: black, blue, green, ivory, pink, purple, red and yellow available in 1 oz. bottles. Sample set contains 5 ml. bottles in 5 colors: blue, green, purple, red and yellow. Photos show samples of colors in different wax types using an average of 2-6 drops per pound. Use more or less of a color or blend different colors for endless possibilities. Fragrance oils vary in color; some are clear, yellow, tan etc.; so please make notes in your formulations of variations as you test.
Super concentrated, 3 x's stronger than EVO liquid dye. Approved for use with all types of wax including palm, paraffin, soy, mixed blends and candle gel. Used for creating candles, wax melts / tarts and aroma beads.
Select quantity from drop menu along with your choice of 1 ounce (30 ml) color selection or 5 ml color sample set. All are packaged in amber glass bottles with dropper tops.
Each of the 5 sample bottles in the set contains 5 ml of liquid dye x 5 colors for a total of 25 ml (0 .8 oz). 5 ml conversions = 1/6th oz = 1 teaspoon = 100 drops. Most folks choose the sample set to start with since 1 ounce of color tints approximately 100 pounds of wax; that's a lot of candles.
* To order the sample set select Size '5 ml' and 'Rainbow' color.
* Store in cool environment away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children and pets. Shake before use.
* Protect your work area!! Dye may stain surfaces. Wear gloves or wash ASAP for skin contact.
* Add color after wax has reached recommended melt temperature and before pour temperature; so basically the same time you add fragrance oil.
* Expect color changes as wax cools; all dry to lighter shades.
* Ingredients in colorants are protected by proprietary laws. We suspect they are oil based since they're a bit smelly and can mix with wax, thus oils. No worries about the smell impacting your finished candles as it's a tiny percentage of the formulation.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Can I select different colors in the sample set?
A: Sorry, no. These are pre-packed for quick process & shipping. Set includes blue, green, purple, red & yellow.
Q: Do you have other colors available?
A: Sorry, No. We only stock colors we use.
Q: What's the difference in liquid VS colored wax chips?
A: Liquid is MUCH EASIER to produce consistent color in your wax recipes by controlling amount of drops added per pound. Wax chips need to be cut and weighed, not easy to do unless you have a scale that measures in grams for small batches or pastel colors. We make lots of candles and much happier with liquid dye.
Q: Can I use powdered dye?
A: Only if candles are for decorative purposes!!! Powdered dye is combustible, NOT recommended for candles you intend to burn.
Q: Can I use these for other applications like clay, soap, etc.?
A: Soap and other cosmetic items require dyes approved for these applications; do not use candle dye. We cannot provide additional details for use in other crafting mediums outside our area of expertise.
See other candle supplies available including containers, fragrance oils, labels, wicks and more. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryFolkSoap?section_id=10494060