Pattern Dog Christmas Stockings, Poodle Knit, Santa Sock for Dog, FairIsle Dog, Knitting pattern Dog, Poodle Christmas Stocking, PDF pattern
This is a digital file
Pattern Dog Christmas Stockings, Poodle Knit, Santa Sock for Dog, FairIsle Dog, Knitting pattern dog, Poodle Christmas Stocking, PDF pattern only
This is a pattern for 2 Dog Christmas stockings with a detailed, 11 page instruction how to cast on, turn the heel and shape the toe. A basic understanding of fair isle knitting and knitting on double point needles is an advantage. I would rate this pattern as intermediate to advanced. The pattern contains lots of photographs and the charts for both stockings.
The pattern also contains an alphabet chart and instructions how to add a name to the top of the stocking to make it a personalized Christmas stocking.
Please note: You are not buying a physical Christmas stocking, these are knitting patterns to make your own. I also sell actual Christmas stockings, please check out these listings:
Kids or dog lovers might prefer these patterns to more traditional Christmas patterns. Show of your knitting skills each Christmas to the whole family!
King cole pricewise DK in colours:
Grey 049 (about 20g), Dark Grey 29 (about 15g),
Black 048 (about 15g), White 001 (about 15g),
Red 032 (about 10g)
for 1 stocking
Set of double point needles (5)
Size Europe 4/ US 6
Size: 6.5” (16cm) wide, 20” (51cm) long
21 sts wide x 26 sts high over 4x4”
Other yarn can be used, size will vary.
You may sell items made from this pattern (they sell really well!), but please don't sell the pattern itself.
This is a very satisfying project that looks amazing (I get many compliments), but it's actually not too difficult and quick to knit once you get the hang of it. I'm around to answer questions if you're stuck.
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept Paypal and Direct Checkout. Items will be shipped once payment has cleared (unless a custom order has to be made first). Payment in advance must be made for personalized Christmas Stockings.
Returns & exchanges
If you are not happy with your purchase I will take items back in return for the purchase price except for personalized Christmas stockings: I start knitting at the top and cannot sell these to anyone else. I will send lots of photos during the knitting process to ensure the personalized Christmas stockings are as requested, however once shipped I cannot take them back.
I accept and welcome custom orders. Turnaround time for custom orders varies a lot. I recommend ordering early to make sure your personalized Christmas Stockings are planned, knitted, shipped and arrive in time for Christmas. If I get as many orders as I can reasonably handle, I will no longer accept custom orders (this usually happens at some point in October). I send photos after each stocking is finished. Check out my facebook page where I show off my finished stockings.
Questions for buyers of Christmas Stockings:
1. What is the name and which main pattern (reindeer, snowmen etc.) and which colours should go with the name?
2. Acrylic or Pure wool?
Acrylic is easy to care for, it stretches to hold lots of goodies, most stockings previously knitted are acrylic, stockings can be washed in the washing machine, lots of colours to choose from.
Pure wool is thicker and stockings turn out larger. The stockings have to be stored in a plastic bag or container and should be hand washed in cold water and dried flat. There are 16 colours to choose from, the wool is slightly speckled.
3. What size would you prefer? Does it have to be no longer than a certain length? Usually stockings will be about 22" long, 6" wide. If the name is longer than 7 characters, the top will be wider to accommodate the names. If you're ordering a set, the tops will be matched to the widest name. I can make the rest of the stocking wider to accommodate a long name, but then it would be shorter.
4. As you are looking at the stocking hung up, should the toe be pointing to the right (shaped like this: L) or to the left, shaped like this: J? The name will be on both sides, but it's nicer if the reindeer "walk" into the same direction as the toe is pointing.
5. If you are ordering a set of several stockings, would you like the smaller patterns be all the same, all different or a mix of same and different ones?
6. Would you like to choose the smaller patterns or can I do it as I knit? There are limitations to what can and can't be done. It's easiest if you let me know if there are any patterns that you don't like at all and some that you particularly like and want included.
7. Do you need the loop at the top to be a certain length? I usually make it 2.5" up, but can make it bigger or smaller.
8. If your stocking has a reindeer as the main pattern, would you like one of them to get a little red nose?
9. Any other special requests, just let me know :)
I live in a cat friendly environment.