• This Product is an Instant Digital Download for You to Print at Home •
Let someone else do all the hard work of organizing your food storage recipes! With our Food Storage Cook Book collection you can print and cut everything you need to create a comprehensive reference manual for using your shelf-stable ingredients and long-term food storage, whether cooking indoors or off the grid. Rest assured these have already been kitchen tested by me over the last 5 years and are known to work. After all, they were first made for my own family’s recipe book and I am pleased to be sharing them with you!
• About This Set •
SAUCES & SPICES
This recipe card set is one that brings me a lot of complements and peace of mind. If you are living off a supply of stored food, eventually the ketchup, spaghetti sauce, barbecue sauce and seasoning packets will run out. It cannot be avoided. However, the basic ingredients that make up many of these favorite spice mixes and condiments can be stored in bulk and have much longer shelf-lives than their already-made counterparts.
These recipe cards represent YEARS of recipe testing by my picky-eater self to produce delicious sauces and mixes that form the foundation of all your favorite, comforting meals.
The recipes use combinations of the following basic and wholesome ingredients:
Paprika/Smoked Paprika, Cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste and/or tomato powder (a long-term storage food), molasses, brown sugar, white sugar, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano and dry ground mustard. All of these ingredients have a very long shelf-life when stored on their own.
* Ketchup Recipe Note: The Reliable Ketchup recipe shown uses tomato paste or tomato powder, water, salt, vinegar, sugar and spices to create an artisan style ketchup. This ketchup does taste different than name brand bottled ketchup that uses high fructose corn syrup. With your download will come a free Copycat Ketchup card with a recipe that calls for light corn syrup and tomato paste or tomato powder to make a less-healthy but more familiar type of ketchup from scratch. Both have been kid-tested with no complaints and give you the ability to make ketchup with whatever sweetener you have on-hand.
These recipe cards are a great way to save money now by practicing making sauces from scratch and they will help stock your pantry with basic ingredients needed for long-term storage.
6 Ready-to-Print Recipe Cards as shown in the first example image + 1 Alternate Ketchup Recipe Card FREE
• Other Sets Available •
Please check our store to find many more Food Storage Cook Book Recipe Card sets that coordinate with this one:
* Shelf-stable meal recipes
* Outdoor & Campfire Cooking Directions
* Delicious Cake & Dessert Recipes (5 years of testing to find ones that taste like favorite boxed mixes!)
* Conversion Charts for Powdered Food Storage Ingredients
* Spice Mixes and More!
► ► ► WHAT IS INCLUDED ◄ ◄ ◄
• Printable recipe cards (3 per page) in High-Resolution 300 ppi as a PDF file, ready to print at home immediately.
• Basic Instructions on how easy it is to print and cut out our recipe cards. (Hint: You’ll need white card stock from any local big box store that sells basic office supplies.)
♦ Your final printed image may be slightly different in color than what is shown on-screen based on monitor settings, print settings and your printer’s own ink distribution system. Recipe Cards tend to print a little DARKER than what they appear on-screen. You can adjust your home printer settings by referring to the Advanced Settings menu in the manual that came with your printer. ♦
► ► ► HOW DOES A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD WORK? ◄ ◄ ◄
Save the PDF files to your computer.
You will need Adobe Reader to open and print the PDF file. If you do not have it, you can download it for free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
The recipe card PDF files have 3 cards per page to give you the fastest printing time. Simply hit print and then cut them out! The 4x6 recipe cards will fit in most recipe boxes, Hallmark brand recipe books and 4x6 photo albums that have been repurposed as recipe books! Amazon offers a large selection of 4x6 recipe card books with additional page refill packs so you never run out of room!
This digital file is for personal use only. Please do not share the digital file. This file may not be resold online elsewhere.