Victorian Patterns Hand Drawn on Paper for Embroidery Crewl & Tatting Needlework Projects
A rare find of eleven pieces of Victorian hand drawn paper patterns. These patterns are wonderful examples of the ingenuity of Victorian woman who created these elaborate designs on scraps of paper. The designs were then used to embellish their clothing,on collars, cuffs, and trims, using techniques such are embroidery, crewelwork, needlepoint, lace making, or tatting.
Several of the paper patterns have notations on them such as, Pink dress, tatting (as written on paper) trimmings, lace cape and My Dear Sister slieve (as written on paper) pattern. The paper patterns are in good condition.
This extraordinary collection of Victorian hand made sewing patterns would make a wonderful addition to an antique sewing collection or use them to recreate original Victorian era designs on a current sewing project.
Please visit Tokens & Tales Antiques for more listings of antique and vintage sewing tokens.
Thank you for visiting and all inquiries are always welcome!
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
* Domestic orders ship USPS Priority Mail, which includes tracking and insurance up to $50.00. My shipping schedule has changed for the near future. Packages were previously shipped between 1 & 3 business days now it will once per week. I am caring for my Mother, who can not be left alone and need to work around my daughter' s working schedule. Please send me a 'convo' if you have any questions. Thank you for understanding and I will inform you if there are any further changes.
* For orders over $50.00 the shipping charges are just a bit higher in cost due to the extra insurance costs, which protects you and myself in case of damaged or lost items. If you would like to add the extra insurance or make different shipping arrangements, other than Priority, please let me know before you purchase. I will do what I can to accommodate your requests. If however you decline to have insurance on your package we cannot assume responsibly for damaged, lost, or stolen goods. Please let me know if you want the extra insurance over $50.00 before checking out so I may change the shipping amount on the listing.
* I will combine shipping! If you are ordering multiple items, please contact me before purchasing so that you don't overpay for shipping. In the event that you do pay more than is necessary, expect a refund for the difference.
* I will ship internationally, so please contact me if you are an International buyer for a shipping rate, as each item and location is different. Providing services such as tracking and insurance for you package for international shipments however costs extra. International buyers are responsible for custom and duty fees, etc.
I will now be accepting all forms of payment through Etsy's direct checkout. Please
let me know if you have any questions about the new Etsy policy.
Returns & exchanges
*As mentioned above, I always ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking and insurance within the US which protects both you and myself against damages and loss. If however you decline to have insurance on your package we cannot assume responsibly for damaged, lost, or stolen goods.
* If you are looking for something in particular, let me know! I may have something you might like in my inventory or I may be able to find what you want on my frequent searches for new 'tokens & tales'.
* Upon request I will hold an item or items for a brief period and will be marked RESERVE for ..... on the listing. If however payment is not received within that time or I don't hear from you, I will make the item available to other buyers and it will be relisted.