This is a digital file
This PDF pattern is a downloadable pattern. You can download this pattern immediately after payment. The ZIP file contains 3 files: one for the pattern that is best printed on large format (3' x4') paper, instructions, and a worksheet for calculating the pattern add length (PAL).
The chasuble pattern is a simple gothic style traditional chasuble with a plain neck opening. This pattern is designed for adults and does not require scaling. The pattern can be printed, height adjustment added, and then sewn up. Instructions and the worksheet for determining the necessary height adjustment are included. We use this process to allow the patterns to be printed on standard blueprint paper sizes. Complete instructions for creating the working pattern using the downloaded file can be found on my website at https://eloquent-vestments.squarespace.com/how-to/2017/3/8/creating-a-working-pattern.
For best results, send the file to a print and copy store to have it printed full size on 36" x 48" paper. Most copy stores can print this as a blueprint/blackline for a nominal charge. This pdf file is NOT designed to print on letter sized paper.
Skill level: Intermediate
The chasuble pattern provides instructions for calculating the appropriate length for the chasuble based on the wearer's height. The width of the chasuble is approximately 55" wide and requires fabrics that are at least 56" in width.
These patterns are not intended to teach you how to sew and assume that you have experience sewing. The pattern provides basic cut out and assembly instructions for an unadorned chasuble. The photo of the chasuble is one made using this pattern. The instructions are for basic construction of the chasuble and does not include orphrey design or attachment. For instructions on how to make orphreys, see my blog at www.EloquentVestments.com.
For detailed instructions on constructing the Basic Priest Chasuble, visit my website at http://www.eloquentvestments.com/how-to/2017/8/26/basic-chasuble-sewing-instructions
- Use these products to create your own garments for personal use or to give or sell to others.
- Copy these files to a CD/DVD or external hard drive that is owned and used expressly by you for back-up or archival purposes.
- Submit your creations using these products for publication provided proper credit is given to TwoDog.
You MAY NOT...
- Sell these files on third party sites.
- Share, loan, trade, resell, or distribute these files.
- Upload these files to any file sharing websites for any purpose.
- Make copies of these files other than for personal back-up or archival purposes.
- Alter or modify these files and claim them as your own designs.
- Use the files or any part of these designs to create other files.
- Utilize these files to create products for mass production or large commercial use.
All designs are copyrighted and are retained by us with all rights reserved. It is illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright owner. This license is nontransferable.