This is a digital file
If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The style also favours a lot of layering. These shoes can be used as a footwear for Mori Girl style, but also work as cute, everyday shoes!
These shoes coordinate with other KeLibu Mori Girl patterns designed to fit 18 inch dolls.
• 10 ¼ inch W by 3 ½ inch H piece of light to mid-weight leather or vinyl with some give*
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of lightweight coordinating fabric for the insoles
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of 2 mm foam OR cork for the outer soles
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles
• 2 pieces of hook tape that are ½ inch W by ¾ inch H and two pieces of loop tape that are 3/8 inch W by ¾ inch H
• Optional – 2 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon if not using vinyl/leather for the bow detail
• Optional – 16 inches of 3/16 wide craft foam (2 mm), cork (thin) as trim for soles OR the vinyl leather used to make the uppers
• Optional – double-sided tape
• Leather/vinyl needle
• Matching thread
• Hand stitching needle
• Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
• Doll feet to use for fitting
• Gift wrap tape. I use Scotch Magic Tape.
• Optional: Mod Podge Matte or white glue if you are using cork for the soles to seal the cork
**Lightweight leather/vinyl and thin hook and loop tape that is made for doll clothing works best for this pattern. I get mine from www.zipperthatdoll.com. Using thicker leather/vinyl and hook and loop tape may result in a tighter boot. If you opt to go with a mid-weight vinyl or leather, use the Back pieces that say Med. vinyl/leather on them.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.