This is a digital file
The Vientiane Skirt can’t wait to pair with your favorite shirt or sweater. Go ahead — twist and twirl to your heart’s content in this A-line skirt with playful flounces. The Vientiane Skirt comes with an in-seam pocket option and a pleated patch pocket option, as well as an option to line or not line your skirt. You can even shorten the skirt to make a mini skirt, or lengthen it to make a midi skirt!
Vientiane Skirt Features:
- A-line skirt that flatters many body types
- Front and back flounces for a flirty style
- Wide contour waistband that sits at the natural waist for comfort
- Back invisible zipper for a streamlined look
- Option for side in-seam pockets or pleated patch pockets with flaps
- Option for lining or not lining the skirt
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Skill Level: Intermediate+
Sizes: 00 – 20 (All sizes are included in the download)
Body Measurements: http://itch-to-stitch.com/vientianebody
Finished Garment Measurements: http://itch-to-stitch.com/vientianefinished
Choosing Your Size
1. Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size
that fits your waist best. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
2. Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
3. It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. All you have to do is print the sizes that you need (see “Printing Instructions” and “Blend Sizes” in the instructions), and blend the lines from one size to the next.
Primary Fabric: Use medium-weight woven fabric with or without stretch. Woolen, broadcloth, linen, crepe, lightweight denim and gabardine are good choices.
Lining: Use cotton batiste, cotton lawn, Ambiance lining, polyester lining are good choices. Lining fabric is still needed for the pockets even if you choose to not line the skirt.
Interfacing: Use light-to-medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- One (1) 12” (30 cm) invisible zipper
- One set of size 1 hook and eye
- 12” (31 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
- 1/8” (0.3 cm)-wide twill tape or fabric selvage as long as your waist (or your desired waist length)
- In-seam pockets only: 24” (61 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
- Patch pockets only: two (2) 1/2” (1.25 cm) buttons
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabrics that have
similar weight and stretch as your final garment fabrics.
Number of pattern pages: 28 (on A4 or Letter Size Paper)
Number of instruction pages: 21
Don’t want to print and tape paper together? The Vientiane Skirt pattern now includes an additional large format file (size A0 paper) that you can send to your print shop to print!