21K One yard Ice Dye, hand dyed cotton, pillowcase, quilter’s craft fabric
One yard ICE DYE, 100-percent Cotton Sateen
● Hand-dyed by me using the Ice Dye technique
● Ice Dye Recipe #21
● Resist Pattern K
● Dimensions: 36”x 44”
Thanks for looking!
● Procion Dyes
• Awesome colorfast dyes for cotton
● Cotton Sateen
• 100-percent cotton
• Thread count: 150 threads per inch x 80 threads per inch
• Soft and luxurious, high quality cotton fabric with lovely drape.
• It’s called “sateen,” but it’s not particularly shiny.
• Great for quilts (soft enough for baby), fine clothing, home decorating, projects.
• Larger pieces (one yard) are perfect for pillowcases.
• It’s a few dollars more per yard than some other cottons, but it’s my favorite fabric for Ice Dye. Its tight thread count shows the patterns more crisply than looser weaves such as Kona, and it’s soft, light, and strong.
● PILLOWCASE: If you don’t have a project in mind to use these fantasy fabrics for, consider pillowcases for yourself and your loved ones. I finally couldn’t bear it anymore, and picked my fave and made one up for me (then another one, then one for my husband, one each for my daughter and her new husband for their wedding, and they asked for two more...). I love sleeping on my beautiful pillows and seeing them on my bed.
The various colors tend to look good together because of the organic nature of the patterns—I have a green one (Dye Recipe #10, Resist Pattern B), a purple and blue one (Dye #24, Resist C), and my husband’s is neon orange (Dye #38, Resist C), and they all look great together. I have a friend with a nest full of pillows, and she keeps buying more pillowcases from me to clothe them in.
I’m happy to sew up a pillowcase for you, or you can order a yard and sew it yourself, or have a friend do it. I like a bit wider pillowcase, 21”, for today’s fatter pillows, and a yard of fabric gives a length of about 32”. I’ll do that size for you unless you specify something else (for longer pillowcases, let me know; I can make a longer piece, custom). I can go a few inches fatter with one yard, and of course skinnier or shorter. I do a simple zigzag over the inside seam allowance to prevent fraying.
● RESISTS: I’m always looking for cool ways to improve on the awesome. For Ice Dyes, I love to use special dye-resist materials that create unique patterns. This adds to my labor (and thus, the cost) in folding it all together and in washing everything up afterward, but I think the results are stunning.
● I WASHED this piece gently by hand several times. I haven’t had a chance to put it through the washer, so for the first wash, wash it with like colors. It has already shrunk quite a bit during handwashing and ironing—but if you need maximum shrinkage, you can give it a machine wash and hot dry.
● CARE: The procion dyes are great, and the colors should stay bright. You can wash and dry it in any temperature, though gentle and cool washes are generally recommended. (I've washed my pillowcases several times in hot, and they still look great.)
● CUSTOM COLORS and SIZES: If you don’t see what you want, drop me a note, and I’ll see what I can do! I’ll send you a photo before you buy.
● I made an effort to correct any inaccuracies in color, but monitors and lighting vary, and getting the colors exactly right, I've discovered, is not possible. Let me know if it’s not what you expected.
● SHIPPING: Happy to combine shipping for multiple items. I'll automatically refund all but my actual postage costs. (Envelope plus postage.)
● Non-smoking home with no pets.
Let me know if you have questions!
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)