OCEAN FRIENDS animal applique quilt by Pamalama Jo Designs is a value-packed pattern with 17 animals and easy, step-by-step directions for two layout and size choices. It was my new grandson's arrival that inspired this fun and friendly pattern. So many favorite sea animals are included - Otter, Dolphin, Whale, Seahorse, Octopus - even a grinning Shark! My unique animal patterns can also be used on their own to make pillows, T shirts, tote bags, etc. Or shrink the patterns to embellish clothing or trace embroidery patterns. I fell in love with the wonky nine patch technique, and so will you! It's fast. It's easy. It can be used on other projects too. If you think applique is too difficult or time-consuming, or if you worry it's not durable enough for repeated washing, you should try the fusible, machine finished technique I teach in this pattern.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Toddler/Youth Bed or Throw is 58" x 68" and Crib is 42" x 54"
WHAT YOU GET -
- 17 full-size sea animal patterns, including two extra animals that are not pictured in the quilt photo (Conch and Stingray). Pictured: Turtle, Clam, Lobster, Shark, Otter, Crab, Whale, Seahorse, Jellyfish, Eel, Starfish, Octopus, Dolphin, Stripe Fish and Nosy Fish.
- Each animal pattern has two pages, giving both the finished design and a reversed and exploded pattern for use with fusible adhesive or freezer paper applique methods.
- Detailed cutting instructions for two different quilt sizes and layouts.
- Easy step-by-step directions with illustrations for making wonky nine patch blocks.
- Simple fusible (raw edge) applique directions, written with a beginner in mind. (Of course another applique method of your choice can be used.)
- Instructions for finishing the quilt.
SKILL LEVEL: BASIC - I've written the instructions with an applique beginner in mind. Basic sewing and quilting skills are all you need to tackle this cute quilt!
Please note: I only ship to North America. Purchase a PDF version of this pattern and you can download it immediately upon payment.