PDF Vintage Baby pattern for knitted cardigan jacket matinee coat to 6 months boy girl easy quick #15
This is a digital file
This is a Crochet Chain Raglan Style Matinee Coat for a Baby to 6 MONTHS –
a pattern created in approximately 1940s, knitted in one piece.
This pattern is very creased owing to it being used many times over the last 70 years - it was originally purchased by my Mum and I appropriated it when my first son was born. I have now retexted it as a PDF and repaired the many 'bruised' characters.
• This pattern was written in the 1940s when all knitting for babies was completed in pure wool. The instructions to press the garment ‘using a warm iron and a damp cloth’ apply only to pure wool, and you are advised to follow the instructions on your ball band.
• All measurements are in inches and you may wish to obtain an inch ruler or tape measure in order to be accurate.
• An ounce of wool weighs approximately 25g, 1 yard = 36 inches.
• Old UK size 10 needles are equivalent to 3.25mm today, size 12 is equivalent to 2.75mm; US sizes 3 and 2 respectively.
• To obtain the correct tension with modern yarns try going up or down one size of needles. Try using modern yarns which recommend the use of 3.25 mm needles, (US size 3).
• There is need for a crochet chain to create the trim, if you do not crochet then add ribbon or twist a cord from a complimentary or contrasting yarn.
• I have retained the over-abundance of punctuation and the upper case P and K for authenticity!
You will be able to download this PDF file immediately upon purchase.
Thank you for visiting this page!
No resale rights, personal use only - in accordance with Etsy's policies. Copyright Lorna Jenkin 2017