Looking for match striker material for your DIY (do it yourself) match holders or a special design project for a client? We've got match striker sheets just for you.
* Sheets are roughly US Letter size, minimum 7.5" x 10" * Easy-to-peel adhesive backing; just peel and stick. * Works with safety matches and strike-anywhere matches. * Can be cut with scissors, paper punches, Xacto knives, cutting machines, etc. * Reddish brown and brownish black are off batches by an old vendor and probably will not be restocked.
Depending on what surface you're trying to stick them on, a little extra adhesive might be needed, like Elmer's spray or Gorilla glue with a brush applicator (see picture). The brown sheets have the strongest adhesive. I strongly recommend trying out the sample strips, especially before ordering a large quantity.
MATCH STRIKER SHEET CATEGORIES
It's natural and common for striker sheets to have spots or blemishes, especially around the edges, but some have more than others.
* PREMIUM sheets have few spots or blemishes, if at all, and are generally smooth with consistent color. They are the best of bunch. They are not always posted because I have to constantly review inventory to find them, but when they're gone, they're gone - at least until I order new inventory, 2 to 3 times per year.
* REGULAR sheets have some spots or blemishes but are easily ignored or can be cut around, and are ideal for most craft projects. They are not always posted for reasons similar to Premium sheets.
* DISCOUNTED sheets have many and/or larger spots or blemishes - like smudges, streaks, spots, discoloration, creases, tears - but they work just fine.
I primarily use the US Postal Service for shipping, but I also have UPS and FedEx accounts. You can also send me a shipping label from your own carrier, and I will create a custom order with no shipping cost.
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Additional return information
If anything arrives damaged, I will send you a replacement at no cost. Please allow up to 10 business days for shipping, especially during the holiday season.
SHEET CATEGORIES (The names may change at times but the definitions will not.)
It's natural and common for striker sheets to have small spots or blemishes, especially around the edges, but some have more than others.
* PREMIUM/Excellent sheets are generally smooth with consistent color, with few blemishes, if any. They are the best of bunch, but when they're gone, they're gone - until I order new inventory, usually 2 to 3 times per year.
* REGULAR/Good sheets have some spots or blemishes but are easily ignored or can be cut around, and are ideal for most craft projects.
* DISCOUNTED/Fair sheets have many spots or blemishes - like smudges, streaks, spots, discoloration, creases, tears - but they work just fine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do the strikers and sheets work with safety matches? Yes, they work with safety matches and strike-anywhere matches.
Do the striker shapes and sheets work with safety matches? Yes, they work with safety matches and strike-anywhere matches.
Is the striker material actually just fine sandpaper? No. This is actual match striker material imported from matchstick manufacturers. It's the exact material used on matchboxes, matchbooks, etc.
Do the striker sheets only come in versions of black and brown? Yes. That's due to the chemical nature of phosphorus. Believe me, if I could get the sheets in different colors, I would!
Can you do custom striker shapes? Yes. I use a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine to create all kinds shapes and letters, just not too small or intricate because you need enough space to strike the matches, plus the material can tear easily when cutting it and/or peeling it off my cutting mat. All I need is a jpeg or gif that can be traced; you can send me your own or I can find one for you. Once we agree on a shape, I will send you samples. If you are satisfied, I charge a one-time $15 custom design fee to the final order.
Why is the shipping cost so high for the striker sheets? I use a thick cardboard mailer to protect the sheets and keep them flat. This adds weight and changes the package class (vs a regular flat envelope), which in turns costs more to mail. However, if you don't care if sheets might get bent during shipping, I can package them in a regular flat envelope which brings the shipping cost down a little but tracking may not be available. For US customers, the shipping doesn't decrease that much, but for overseas customers, the difference is significant. Further, if you order a lot of sheets, the weight alone will drive the shipping cost back up, regardless of packaging. Message me or request a custom order with the number of sheets you want (and which colors), and I will calculate shipping for you.
Why don't you offer expedited shipping as a check out option? I simply cannot always guarantee overnight shipping. I have a regular full-time job, so while I can usually respond to messages during the day, I can only fulfill orders on nights and weekends. Further, September to December is the busiest time for both my day job *and* this business, so to manage expectations, I encourage buyers to message me about delivery times before ordering if they're in a rush. I will do my best to accommodate.
Do you sell the matchsticks by themselves? Not yet, but message me and I will send you details on the vendors I use.