English Elm Raw Wood Slab Natural Live Edge Wide Lumber Unique Countertop Rustic Bar Custom Unfinished Wooden Furniture Free Shipping 4603x1
o Item Number: 4603x1
o Species: English Elm
o Length: 15'
o Width: TOP 46" – MIDDLE 28" - BOTTOM 29"
o Sanded Thickness: 1 3/4"
o Weight: 310 lbs.
• Vacuum Kiln Dried to 6%-8% moisture content
• Sanded on both faces
• This slab would make an excellent one piece bar top, formal dining table, or conference tabletop. Please take note of the small void on the lower left side, as well as the small area of early decay toward the center in the top area.
• Color: English Elm has a distinguished creamy white sapwood and golden brown heartwood. Wood slabs have great character because of its distinctive grain patterns.
• Janka Hardness: 810 (medium)
• Workability: English Elm glues, stains, and finishes well. English Elm does well with steam bending and will hold nails and screws well.
• Uses: When properly dried, English Elm is a very stable wood making it ideal for furniture making, especially large Nakashima style tables.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Slabs are pulled from inventory at time of purchase. Then a custom built, fully enclosed wooden crate is made for the individual slab(s) to ensure safe transit.
We need you to provide the delivery address and the best contact name and phone number. This information will be provided to the freight carrier - they will call you directly to schedule your delivery appointment.
Once the crate ships, an email will be sent with tracking information and the freight carrier contact info.
Total time for delivery is estimated from 7 to 14 business days.
Within the Continental U.S. only. No International Shipping.
Payment is expected at time of purchase. The transaction will be canceled if payment is not received.
All items are listed locally and are subject to prior sale.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
For the best results, start with the best wood.
We have become the largest supplier of natural edge slabs in the country! What most people don't realize is the many steps we take to ensure that the lumber we sell is of the highest quality.
Our team starts by scouring the country for the best quality and most desirable logs. Most of our logs are bought from arborists and were removed because the tree was dying or damaged in a storm. Once the logs arrive at our sawmill, they are sawed either on our Woodmizer band sawmill, which can cut up to 70" wide and 40' long, or on our chain sawmill, that can cut up to 108" wide!
After the logs are milled, we dry the wood nice and slow to ensure the least amount of degrade. The slabs are air dried properly for 1-5 years, depending on size and species, then they are finish dried to 6%-8% moisture content in one of our two custom vacuum kilns. These computer controlled kilns are specifically designed to help us keep our wide slabs flat and produce high quality lumber.
Finally, unlike most companies, we sand our lumber slabs which saves our customers both time and money. Once someone finds the perfect slab for their latest project, the slab will be checked again for quality. Then a fully enclosed custom wooden crate is built to ensure safe transit to its new home.