Vintage baby traditional lacy matinee jacket coat cardigan 1940s design knitting pattern beautiful classic PDF #14
This is a digital file
Vintage traditional lacy matinee jacket coat cardigan 1940s design knitting pattern
PLEASE NOTE this listing is for the PDF of the knitting pattern. You will NOT receive the materials or the finished garment!
• Old UK size 11 is 3mm (US size between 2 and 3!), UK size 12 is equivalent to 2.75mm (US size 2).
• To obtain the correct tension with modern yarns try going up or down one size of needles. Try using modern yarns which recommend the use of 3 mm needles, (US size 3).
• The pattern includes instructions to press finished sections and seams; the writers in that era expected all baby knitting to be in pure wool. Be guided by your ball-band for pressing instructions.
• If you think you have found an error in my reformatting please drop me a line!
• This pattern was originally known by the title “A Lacy Affair in 2-ply”.
• If you cannot obtain a 2-ply yarn, try using a modern laceweight yarn, and adjust the needle sizes to achieve the correct tension as described below – you may finish up with a slightly heavier or lighter garment (and possibly a slightly larger or smaller garment) than the original and therefore need more or less yarn!
• I recommend that the tension square is washed and spread out to dry before measuring, to ensure that the garment will still fit after its first washing!
2 oz. PATONS BEEHIVE Baby Wool, Patonised.
Two each of No. 12 and No.11 BEEHIVE needles
No resale rights, personal use only - in accordance with Etsy's policies. Copyright Lorna Jenkin 2017