Marguerite socks - PDF pattern to crochet socks for women (and older children)
This is a digital file
This is a pdf crochet pattern to teach your how to crochet your own pair of Marguerite socks, with 3 widths available to fit older children and women.
Socks are designed to be super comfy, and just about as thin and stretchy as their knit counterparts (and don't use as much yarn as regular crocheted socks either).
Crochet a pair of socks… but not just ANY socks !
- Super pretty flower motif along top of sock (with detailed step-by-step photo tutorial and chart)
- Fun finishing touch on the heel, remiscent of the stitch pattern on toes
- Very fast to make as they’re made using tall stitches (US double crochet)
- Very comfy to wear, with crocheted fabric about as thin as on knitted socks (plus you’ll use about the same amount of yarn as for knitted socks)
- Instructions available in 3 widths so you can make them for everyone !
- Uses the “after-thought heel” technique so you can crochet another heel if the first one ever wears out
- Numerous step-by-step photos and tutorials. Pattern tested by a team of 9 amazing editors for maximum clarity and no mistakes
- US crochet terms
This pattern is also available as a KIT with yarn, pattern and stitch markers :-)
What the testers said about these:
- I made a few pairs of crocheted socks before, but have not found a design I want to make more than once. This will be my go to pattern in future! As for wearing, it’s maybe too soon to say, but the biggest difference compared to knitted socks is that these don’t feel tight and still they don’t fall off my feet either.
- this is a fantastic crocheted sock pattern. A lot of others come off more like a Christmas stocking, rather than an actual sock that you feel comfortable wearing.
- They were just the right combo of interesting yet easy … they were fun to make. (…) I have not knitted socks but I have crocheted socks and these are my favourite!
- I absolutely loved making these!! I definitely plan on making another pair. (…) I have tried to crochet socks before but none of them had the afterthought heel and were nowhere near as comfortable and I ended up frogging them. I was so satisfied with this experience and will definitely be making more of these in the future!
- I’ m so happy to finally have a crochet pattern for socks. These are so much more fun to make than knitted ones! And so pretty, too! You created a lovely, much needed design!
Pattern is written with a focus on detailed very EASY TO FOLLOW instructions, even for advanced beginner crocheters. Close-up and step by step pictures help you visualize what you are meant to do for each step.
* Sizes: custom length to fit your foot + 3 width explained in pattern
* Gauge: 15 stitches = 5 cm / 2 inches in dc in front loop (US crochet terms)
* Crocheted toe-up in one piece. No seaming.
* Standard US crochet abbreviations used, with a list of UK equivalents.
* Permission to sell your items made with this pattern, please mention my name & pattern.
As soon as you've hit the « Buy » button and paid, you'll be able to download your copy NOW and start to crochet right away !
Sylvie Damey's patterns are unanimously recognized as « Well written and easy to follow », with a focus on perfect fit : Instead of using pre-formated industry sizing charts, she designs her garments directly on real-life bodies until a perfect fit is achieved. Her patterns are always tested for fit, crystal-clear instructions and accuracy. Should you have any further question, she's always glad to answer them.
Her designs and articles are published in several books and publications including « 101 crochet one-skein wonders », and Knitty.com. Follow her crocheting adventures on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sylviedameycrochet/
You might also like
More from this seller
Please pay within 3 days, or at least keep in touch to let me know if you need a few more days to pay for a particuliar reason. Otherwise (and after contacting you about it) I would cancel the sale and leave negative feedback.
Returns & exchanges
For obvious reasons, there are no refunds or returns on patterns.
Please contact me if there is any problem with another item. Things are usually complicated because I'm in France but we may be able to work out a mutual arrangement.