This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
This pattern is available in English, German, and Dutch.
Mustard and Slate is the shawl to knit when you just don’t want to choose… Simple or lace? Gray or Oker? Using two colors, Mustard and Slate has a simple textured body and a delightful lace edging. You can really have it all!
This shawl is knitted from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. Mustard and Slate is finished with an edging that is knitted on sideways and attached to the live stitches of the body as it is being worked. The instructions for the edging are provided charted and written out.
Size and finished measurements
One size: span width of 152 cm (60 inch) along the upper edge and a depth of 75 cm (29 ½ inch), measured after blocking. This shawl can however easily be adjusted in size.
This shawl is started with a garter stitch tab. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog and yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
- Worked flat back and forth from the top-down
- One size – easily adjustable
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 13.5 sts / 25 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern.
- Pattern languages included: English, Dutch and German (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse, Duitse als een Engelse versie, Dieses Muster enthält eine niederländische, deutsche und englische Version).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages for the English and German version and 5 pages for the Dutch version (letter size).
- Yarn: ONION knit Nettle Sock (70% wool, 30% cellulose; 185 m (202 yds) / 50 g) in the following colors and amounts: MC: 352 m (385 yds) / 95 g in Gray, CC: 260 m (285 yds) / 70 g in Oker. Substitute any fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center and edge stitches
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.