Baby Jumper / Sweater Knitting Pattern - Sleepy Baby Owl - Baby Knitting Pattern - Digital Download Knitting Pattern - Stripy Baby Top
This is a digital file
This is a digital download of an original knitting pattern that I have designed. It contains all the instructions you need for making your own adorable baby sweater.
The sweetest little baby owl is fast asleep on an adorable jumper made from the softest yarn. This jumper will keep little sleepy-heads warm and snuggly, whether they’re peacefully snoozing or not!
This jumper is knitted flat, with some simple intarsia colour work to make the owl on the front. The stripy back and sleeves make this both fun to knit and cute to look at!
The neckline buttons on one side, to make it easier to dress a wriggly baby.
This unisex pattern is a great knit if you aren’t sure of the gender of the new arrival, and can be knitted in any colour yarn you’d like – just make sure it’s soft and washable!
Height: 21 cm
Chest size: 41 cm
Sleeve Length: 16 cm
The measurements are based on standard industry sizing for a 3 month old, but remember, all babies are different! Having been stung in the past by knitting newborn sizes for babies who have then been born too big to fit into them, I always play it safe and make 3 month sizes for new babies. They will always grow into them! One friend’s baby fit this top almost from birth, another’s baby is still wearing it comfortably at 6 months.
You will need:
• Two shades of DK yarn, approx. 110m (120 yards) of each. I used Sirdar Snuggly DK, and one ball of each shade was more than enough. The colours I used were:
Yarn A – 321 Pastel Blue
Yarn B – 224 Light Navy
• 3.5 mm (US 4) straight needles *
• 4 mm (US 6) straight needles *
• 3.5 mm (US 4) circular needles * (Although the jumper is knitted flat, you will need circular needles when you pick up the stitches for the collar, in order to hold the shape and the number of stitches)
* Or size needed to obtain gauge
PLEASE NOTE: This is a listing for a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD of the PATTERN, NOT the finished object.