7 Stained Glass Mandala Kit Easter Craft Garden Decor Mandala Suncatcher Family Crafts Yoga Craft Easy Kids Craft Teen and Adult Craft Kit
From a customer: "Got this kit for my niece who loves to do crafts. The included paints and jewels are nice quality, and when they're completed the mandalas will look nice hanging in the window, as opposed to a mass market retail kit which generally looks pretty chintzy. The seller is very communicative, and shipping was prompt. Kit arrived nicely packaged and ready to gift wrap."
**The kit you receive will be identical to the one shown in the item description with only slight variations in colors of jewels and beads
This kit contains everything you will need to create seven beautiful stained-glass effect mandala suncatchers from upcycled CDs. Each finished suncatcher will be 4 3/4 inches across. This kit would be the perfect activity for a family, child's party, Sunday school class, rainy day project, etc.
The word Mandala (pronounced mon- dah- lah) means "circle". A Mandala is a way of representing wholeness. It is like a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relationship to infinity, within and beyond our bodies and minds. The symbolism behind the creation of a mandala can have significant meaning for many individuals whether they are Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, Pagan or of any other religious orientation. Each mandala is a reflection of the designer; some feature nature-inspired shapes such as flowers, stars, leaves, and suns, while others prefer more geometric shapes. Many mandalas have a mixture of both! We designed these patterns ourselves, so they are completely original.
This craft can be completed independently by most people age 10 and up. For younger children, most of the craft can be completed with minimal help from adults. The "fun" parts of choosing or creating a mandala pattern, tracing it on the disk, painting between the leaded lines, and adding jewels and gems can be done fairly independently by most children age 4 and up! They will just need help with the adhesive and dimensional paint.
The approximate time to complete one mandala would be 30 to 50 minutes, but that does not include the four hours needed for the dimensional paint to dry, or the extra coats of paint you might decide to do to intensify colors.
This kit contains everything shown in the item photo, except for the two completed sample suncatchers:
• Illustrated step-by-step instructions
• 7 recycled discs (the scratches are normal with recycling, and will not be visible once decorated)
• 1 bottle of dimensional tube paint in the color you request at time of order (to give the “lead” effect of stained
glass) color choices are gold, silver, black, or bright green
• 3 large bottles of new, unopened special stained-glass-effect paints (select from the five colors shown in listing--
red, orange, yellow, green, and blue) plus four smaller pastel stained-glass-effect paints
• Assortment of jewels and gems for adorning the suncatchers
• 2 paint brushes
* Toothpicks (for spreading paint)
• small metal clips (for attaching template to disc)
• 4 sample templates designed exclusively by our shop
• 4 blank templates (so you can create your own designs, from simple to complex)
• Permanent adhesive and metal hangers; glue may also be used for attaching jewels to suncatchers more
• Length of sturdy wire (for hanging)
* One permanent marker (for tracing design onto back of disc--this can be removed with rubbing alcohol after
project is complete)
• Bags of colorful glass beads to decorate the clear wire hanger (as shown in item photos)
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
For most items, I use USPS priority flat-rate shipping which ranges from $7.15 up to $13.50, depending on the size of the item. The exception is handmade jewelry items, which ship for $3 using USPS.
I do combine shipping, so I can can typically ship up to three items in a single box/package for one price.
Most items ship within three to five business days, and therefore most items will arrive within a week to ten days after order placement. If you need an item sooner, such a a bereavement gift, please let me know and I'll work with you!
By request, I am happy to do overnight shipping, with the buyer paying shipping fees above and beyond the regular shipping costs per item. Most of my listings have a "shipping upgrade" option at checkout; if you don't find this, just let me know through Etsy conversation.
I always provide the tracking number regardless of shipping method. If for whatever reason it costs more to send than anticipated, I will cover the difference.
We accept PayPal, credit cards, and Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
If the item arrives damaged or defective, simply:
1) Contact me within three days of delivery and describe the damage to the item or the defect
2) Ship item back to me within seven days of delivery
3) If the item is indeed defective or damaged, I will give you a refund of your shipping costs plus the full cost of the item within 24 hours of my receiving it
If you have other concerns about your order, please contact me and we will work something out! Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!