Tiffany Stone Utah Opalized Fluorite
Excellent lapidary/jewelry project.
Great for cabochons.
Free domestic shipping
Ships USPS 1st class
International rates apply outside the U.S.
Ships USPS priority mail
Dimension: 14 x 10 cm
Thickness: 7 mm
Measurements are approximate
Some items may be shown wet
Some items photographed are held up to the sun
Other items depicted in images are for reference or display only and not included with purchase.
Opalized fluorite is a very rare stone of aesthetic and colorful patterns. The unique opalized fluorite nodules are only found in Utah within the world famous Thomas Range. These nodules are formed by various minerals circulating in underground rivers and are formed together when they penetrate volcanic tuff layers. These nodules consist of fluorite, agate, chalcedony, quartz rhodonite and opal. It is this variation that makes these nodules so interesting…forming a wide variety of aesthetic and colorful patterns within the nodules. The color of the fluorite varies from a light blue to a deep reddish violet color. Occasionally these nodules have hollow areas that contain quartz crystals, fluorite crystals, hyalite opal or a variety of other minerals. Opalized fluorite fluorescence a bright green color under a short wave ultraviolet light.
People use all sorts of different names for it, two of the most common being Opal Fluorite, Tiffany Stone, Bertrandite and Beryllium ore. Tiffany Stone is the only name that it is known by that is not trying to pinpoint what the rock is comprised of. Some say the name Tiffany Stone came about because the slab slices cut from the nodules reminded he miners of Tiffany glass lamp shades. Others say the name Tiffany Stone came about because of a miner that used to pick up the nodules for his daughter Tiffany. In either case, it is a name that people recognize in association with the nodules.
As with all stones, natural fissures can be present. These fissures should be inspected prior to cutting, trimming, and shaping. Stabilizing fissures with clear Opiticon jewelers epoxy may be considered.
If you had trouble communicating in the past, it is known to aid you to talk about deeper issues, aiding you to verbalize hidden or secret feelings.
It is of a high vibration and you will generally find that its energy boosts any abilities of a spiritual or psychic nature.
(Note that the above characteristics are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information)
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
This shop uses USPS for all shipments.
• Shipments to the United States will be sent through USPS Priority Mail
• International shipments will normally go through USPS First Class international Packaging unless USPS Priority International mail is specified when ordered.
• Additional Insurance will normally not be included unless requested.
• When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country which is the responsibility of the buyer not the seller.
NOTE: Due to the inability to insure or track items, international buyers assume all responsibility for lost and/or damaged goods.
• Shipments may be combined if they will fit in the same package. This will be calculated based on the calculated rate provided through Etsy.
• We will make every effort to ship your product within 24 hours but will be no more than 3 business days.
• All packages will include padding to ensure protection to your purchased item.
We accept major Credit Cards, Paypal, and Etsy's Gift Card.
Returns & exchanges
Refunds & Exchanges: If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, please let us know immediately. The item may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of receipt of purchase. The item must be in its original condition. Please do not return an item without contacting us first. Shipping fees are nonrefundable. Any Return shipping cost is paid for by the buyer.
We can cut any rock into smaller pieces. We can also make cabochons for you. Just ask!