This is a digital file
This listing is for one digital pattern for a baby/toddler full circle skirt - ready to be printed out on Letter/8.5"x11" or A4 paper for an instant sewing project. I separate out each size to allow for easy cutting and pattern assembly. This pattern works for both knits and wovens.
Please note the following:
- This pattern was designed for knit fabric as I advise to finish the hem with a straight cut or a serging stitch. Although it's not specifically for a woven fabric, it could still apply if you have a serger as there is no hem on this pattern.
- Since this is a full circle skirt, I advise using a solid fabric or a printed fabric that is not directional (ie. a polka dot, or a tossed icon print, etc.)
Directions are easy to follow and includes a pattern layout image.
1. Knit Fabric:
Sizes 0-3 M, 3-6 M, 6-12 M, and 18 M need 3/4 yard with at least a 52” width
Sizes 24 M, 3T, 4T need 1 yard*
Size 5T needs 1 1/4 yard*
* For ease of cutting, this pattern was created on a double fold. Due to the restrictions of fabric width, you may need to print out 4 copies of the larger sized patterns and tape together as the double fold may not work for smaller width fabrics. (Additional images and directions can be seen in pattern)
3. 3/4“ wide sewable elastic*** in the following lengths:
Newborn = 14 1/4”
0-3 Months = 16”
3-6 Months = 16 1/4“
6-12 Months = 16 1/2”
18 Months = 18 1/8“
24 Months = 18 1/4”
3T = 18 1/2"
4T = 20"
5T = 20 1/2"
- A serger is ideal for this project - although, it’s not necessary if you are using knit fabric.
- Make sure to use a knit needle on the sewing machine/serger for the knit fabric to avoid tearing your knit.
***Not all elastic can be sewn. Make sure you purchase elastic that says you can sew on top of it. I use a brand called StretchRite® elastic that works well.
Once you make your purchase, Etsy will send an E-mail with the pattern download.
When printing the PDF, make sure printer is not set to scale the artwork to fit the page. This pattern is made for both A4 and Letter/8.5"x11" size paper.
****SELLING ITEMS THAT USE MY PATTERNS:
The pattern is free to use for all those who are hand-making everything themselves, (excluding employees), and make 250 items or less in a year. Please contact anne [!at] fish-kiss.com to inquire about my licensing program for quantities that exceed 250 items and/or items that are made by more than one person within your company, (including assistants, contract workers, factories, etc.).
This pattern is fully protected by copyright law and may not be duplicated, re-produced, copied, or distributed via the internet or any other form.