DIY Resin Kit - Small Bowl, Tealight Holder, Resin Jewellery Kit, Make Your Own, Do It Yourself, Resin, Creative Space
Learn how to design and create your own colourful resin trinket bowls with this ButtonUp Designs Resin Kit.
This kit will teach you the basics of working with resin in the various stages including mixing colours, adding marble effects, casting your piece, de-moulding as well as sanding and polishing. Once you have finished this kit, you will have a number of handmade resin trinket bowls (which can also be used as tea light holders) and have developed the skills and techniques to continue working with resin. Each kit also comes packaged beautifully in a gift box with lid, which makes is perfect for keeping everything together or for gift giving!
This kit is suitable for Tweens, Teens and Adults from beginners to advanced. Each kit includes an opaque jar of White pigment as well as 1 of 4 translucent colour packs. You can make your colour choice in the drop down menu on the side of this listing. Colour packs available include:
- Summer (Scarlett Red, Lemon Yellow, Royal Blue, Kelly Green)
- Autumn (Jet Black, Avocado Green, Bright Orange, Chocolate Brown)
- Winter (Smoke Grey, Aztec Gold Emerald Green, Poly Supra Blue)
- Spring (Magenta, Shocking Pink, Turquoise, Fluorescent Lime)
DIY Kit Contents:
- 1 x 475g Bqueen Resin. Bqueen is a quick setting polyurethane resin which is champagne/translucent in colour. It has slight internal bubbles when set. You will have enough resin to make at least 10 bowls.
- 4 x 15ml PSTF Translucent Pigment Pack in either Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring
- 1 x 15ml Polyurethane White Opaque Pigment
- 1 x Small Clear Bowl Mould (Height approx. 6.7cm, Outer diameter: approx. 4.2cm with a Gloss Surface)
- 20 x Mixing Sticks
- 10 x 30ml Measuring Cups
- 10 x Mixing Cups
- 2 x Pairs of Vinyl (Latex/Powder free) Clear Gloves
- 3 x pieces of various grades of Wet & Dry Sandpaper
- DIY ButtonUp Designs Instruction Sheet
- Gift Box with lid
What You Need:
- Working space (kitchen table is fine, just lay some protective cloth down first)
- Craft Cutting Blade (optional - for cutting off excess resin)
- Safety Glasses (optional - this is always a personal preference for people)
- Old Apron/Old Clothes (optional)
Please note, the handmade bowls pictured in this listing are NOT included. These are for demonstration purposes only. Your kit will provide you instructions on how to make these.
About little bit about ButtonUp Designs:
Sydney based resin jewellery designer, Jodie Banasik creates one of a kind wearable pieces of art in her make shift home studio on the outskirts of Sydney. Working with resin, Jodie loves to create original pieces using colour and creativity with a touch of chaos.
Combining a love of resin and sharing the creative spirit, Jodie began teaching resin classes a number of years ago and currently teaches regular classes at Sydney's Work-Shop.
Jodie has taught at various art and design venues, community spaces and festivals including the Sydney Fringe. Resin is easy to work with and a great skill to learn for anyone wanting to create their own personally designed jewellery, so if you’re interested in participating in a jewellery design class please visit www.buttonupdesigns.com
Previous participants of Jodie's resin classes have said they are ‘one of the best things to do in Sydney’ and a ‘great way to spend the weekend doing something fun and creative’. If you would like me to teach a resin jewellery design class please get in touch. I have taught classes for hen’s parties, crafternoon sessions, corporate and seasonal events as well as small group and private lessons. Classes run for 2.5-3hrs and are available for up to 14 participants aged 10 years and over. Materials and equipment used in the class are also available for purchase, please contact me for more information.
Thanks for stopping by
Shipping & policies
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale