Claro Walnut Natural Live Edge Bartop Raw Wood Slab Custom Furniture Wooden Rustic Countertop Unfinished Unique Wide Lumber Free Ship 4544x3
o Item Number: 4544x3
o Species: Claro Walnut
o Length: 10'6"
o Width: TOP 31" - MIDDLE 24" - BOTTOM 24"
o Sanded Thickness: 1-3/8"
o Weight: 116 lbs.
• Vacuum Kiln Dried to 6%-8% moisture content
• Sanded on both faces
• This slab has a nice color variation between the warm brown heartwood and the wide contrasting sapwood. It has a natural edge that rounds across the top and would make a nice kitchen peninsula, bar top, or room divider. It could also be cut and made into a waterfall table or desk! Please take note of the sander skip areas in the bottom corners and toward the center of the top portion. Also note the bark incusion in the top left and the checking in the center of the top portion.
• Origin: Claro Walnut is found primarily in northern California.
• Color: Claro Walnut is a little darker than American Black Walnut. The heartwood can range from a light brown to a dark chocolate brown with light and dark brown streaks. The color can sometimes have a gray, purple, or red hue to it. The sapwood is usually an off-white color. Claro Walnut often has varying degrees of burly or curly figure and its color can be beautifully variegated.
• Janka Hardness: 1130 (medium-hard) Similiar in hardness to Black Walnut.
• Workability: It is very easy to work with assuming the grain is straight and regular; you may have tear-out when using the planer if the grain is irregular. Claro glues,stains, and finishes well. Because of the high demand and limited supply for this beautiful wood it can be expensive especially in large sizes and long lengths.
• Uses: Claro Walnut is a very stable wood making it ideal for wide Nakashima style table tops or gun stocks. Its interesting variegated color makes it highly sought after for high end furniture, cabinetry, musical instruments, veneer, and turned items.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Slabs are pulled from inventory at time of purchase. Then a custom built, fully enclosed wooden crate is made for the individual slab(s) to ensure safe transit.
We need you to provide the delivery address and the best contact name and phone number. This information will be provided to the freight carrier - they will call you directly to schedule your delivery appointment.
Once the crate ships, an email will be sent with tracking information and the freight carrier contact info.
Total time for delivery is estimated from 7 to 14 business days.
Within the Continental U.S. only. No International Shipping.
Payment is expected at time of purchase. The transaction will be canceled if payment is not received.
All items are listed locally and are subject to prior sale.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
For the best results, start with the best wood.
We have become the largest supplier of natural edge slabs in the country! What most people don't realize is the many steps we take to ensure that the lumber we sell is of the highest quality.
Our team starts by scouring the country for the best quality and most desirable logs. Most of our logs are bought from arborists and were removed because the tree was dying or damaged in a storm. Once the logs arrive at our sawmill, they are sawed either on our Woodmizer band sawmill, which can cut up to 70" wide and 40' long, or on our chain sawmill, that can cut up to 108" wide!
After the logs are milled, we dry the wood nice and slow to ensure the least amount of degrade. The slabs are air dried properly for 1-5 years, depending on size and species, then they are finish dried to 6%-8% moisture content in one of our two custom vacuum kilns. These computer controlled kilns are specifically designed to help us keep our wide slabs flat and produce high quality lumber.
Finally, unlike most companies, we sand our lumber slabs which saves our customers both time and money. Once someone finds the perfect slab for their latest project, the slab will be checked again for quality. Then a fully enclosed custom wooden crate is built to ensure safe transit to its new home.