This is a digital file
This listing is for a PATTERN ONLY for the Donald Trump Pincushion by Pony McTate. It's an awesome pattern, with loads of photos, tips and tricks - and all in the usual fabulous Pony McTate style.
Finally, the Trumptacular addition to your sewing supplies you’ve been waiting for! Love him or hate him, we all agree losing your notions is a major inconvenience. Vent your frustration in a safe, non-harmful way with the Donald Trump pincushion! He’s cute, he’s bouffant AND he’ll keep your pins and needles safe. Who knew the Don was so obliging?
Your Donald will stand about 14cm (4.5in) tall.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
Intermediate — assumes a working knowledge of crochet and experience reading patterns. Also includes some fiddly bits and a whole lot of hand stitching (sorry).
STITCHES & SKILLS – UK TERMS (BUT US-FRIENDLY)
• Magic circle
• Double crochet (US = single) in a continuous spiral
• Half treble (US = half double) and treble (US = double)
• Increase and invisible decrease
• Back loops only — diagram provided
• Colour change — tutorial provided
• Slip stitch seam — tutorial provided
WHAT YOU NEED
• 3mm (UK11/USC) crochet hook
• Yarn: I used 8ply/DK cotton, but you could use wool or acrylic too
• Stitch marker
• 6mm safety eyes (I used black but go for blue if you want to be strictly accurate)
• Tapestry needle, scissors and some pins — a slightly sharper needle is also helpful for his hair
• Polyester stuffing
• Sheet of thin plastic (e.g. the lid from a plastic ice cream tub)
* This Instant Download PDF pattern is written in UK terms, but in a US-friendly way. It contains all the information you need, with plenty of photos and step-by-step photos of the fiddly bits.
* You may sell finished Donald Trump pincushions using this pattern but please credit Pony McTate @pony.mctate as the designer. Don't be a plonker: you may NOT sell, copy or distribute this pattern or any part of it.
* And check out my Instagram feed @ponymctate for more crochet fabulousness!