Claro Walnut Bookmatch Set Wood Slab Conference Tabletop Natural Live Edge Figured Lumber Rustic Wooden Dining Table Top Bar Counter 4545m1
o Item Number: 4545m1
o Species: Claro Walnut
o Length: 10'5"
o Combined Width: TOP 49" - MIDDLE 52" - BOTTOM 61"
o Sanded Thickness: 1-3/8"
o Weight: 244 lbs.
• Vacuum Kiln Dried to 6%-8% moisture content
• Sanded on both faces
• This is a beautiful almost-mirror-image Walnut slab set. The pieces can be bookmatched for a nice dining or conference table or they can be end-matched for a large bar our counter top! The pieces have light figuring, a warm brown heart wood, and wide contrast sap edge that continues along the rounded top edge. Please take note of the bark inclusion at the top of each piece, the checking just below the inclusions, and checking on the bottom edge. Please feel free to contact us if you would like additional photos.
• Origin: Claro Walnut is found primarily in northern California. These trees can grow up to 5' or more in diameter. Claro Walnut trees are used as the root stock in California for growing English Walnut trees which produce most of the walnuts that we eat. (English Walnut trees will not grow in California soil so they need to be grafted to Claro Walnut trees.) Sometimes slabs cut from these trees produce lumber with both species of wood and an interesting graft line detail. Furniture made from this lumber make great conversation pieces!
• Color: Claro Walnut is a little darker than American Black Walnut. The heartwood can range from a light brown to a dark chocolate brown with light and dark brown streaks. The color can sometimes have a gray, purple, or red hue to it. The sapwood is usually an off-white color. Claro Walnut often has varying degrees of burly or curly figure and its color can be beautifully variegated.
• Janka Hardness: 1130 (medium-hard) Similiar in hardness to Black Walnut.
• Decay and Weather Resistance: Rated as very durable in regard to decay resistance.
• Workability: It is very easy to work with assuming the grain is straight and regular; you may have tear-out when using the planer if the grain is irregular. Claro glues,stains, and finishes well. Because of the high demand and limited supply for this beautiful wood it can be expensive especially in large sizes and long lengths.
• Uses: Claro Walnut is a very stable wood making it ideal for wide Nakashima style table tops or gun stocks. Its interesting variegated color makes it highly sought after for high end furniture, cabinetry, musical instruments, veneer, and turned items.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Slabs are pulled from inventory at time of purchase. Then a custom built, fully enclosed wooden crate is made for the individual slab(s) to ensure safe transit.
We need you to provide the delivery address and the best contact name and phone number. This information will be provided to the freight carrier - they will call you directly to schedule your delivery appointment.
Once the crate ships, an email will be sent with tracking information and the freight carrier contact info.
Total time for delivery is estimated from 7 to 14 business days.
Within the Continental U.S. only. No International Shipping.
Payment is expected at time of purchase. The transaction will be canceled if payment is not received.
All items are listed locally and are subject to prior sale.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
For the best results, start with the best wood.
We have become the largest supplier of natural edge slabs in the country! What most people don't realize is the many steps we take to ensure that the lumber we sell is of the highest quality.
Our team starts by scouring the country for the best quality and most desirable logs. Most of our logs are bought from arborists and were removed because the tree was dying or damaged in a storm. Once the logs arrive at our sawmill, they are sawed either on our Woodmizer band sawmill, which can cut up to 70" wide and 40' long, or on our chain sawmill, that can cut up to 108" wide!
After the logs are milled, we dry the wood nice and slow to ensure the least amount of degrade. The slabs are air dried properly for 1-5 years, depending on size and species, then they are finish dried to 6%-8% moisture content in one of our two custom vacuum kilns. These computer controlled kilns are specifically designed to help us keep our wide slabs flat and produce high quality lumber.
Finally, unlike most companies, we sand our lumber slabs which saves our customers both time and money. Once someone finds the perfect slab for their latest project, the slab will be checked again for quality. Then a fully enclosed custom wooden crate is built to ensure safe transit to its new home.