Big Leaf Maple Burl Wood Slab Natural Raw Live Edge Figured Tabletop Coffee Table Reception Desk Top Vanity Counter Custom Wooden DIY 4718x1
o Item Number: 4719x1
o Species: Big Leaf Maple Burl
o Diameter 2: 53"
o Diameter 1: 50"
o Sanded Thickness: 1-5/8"
o Weight: 87 lbs.
• Vacuum Kiln Dried to 6%-8% moisture content
• This burl is fragile and must be handled with care.
• This beautiful maple burl slab has great figure along the natural edges, great coloring, and some bark inclusions to make it unique. This piece has a fun shape and would make a great coffee table or reception area tabletop, headboard, or vanity top! Please take note of the small area of decay on the edge in the lower right corner.
Big Leaf Maple, acer macrophyllum
• Origin: Big Leaf Maple is found in the Northwest United States.
• Color: Its sapwood is usually an off-white color and the heartwood is a golden to reddish brown color. It can have a very intense figure including blistered, quilted, curly, or burly.
• Janka Hardness: 850 (medium)
• Workability: Big Leaf Maple is fairly easy to work with; it is softer and easier than Hard Maple. It turns, glues, and finishes well.
• Uses: It is used to make fine furniture, instruments, and veneer.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Slabs are pulled from inventory at time of purchase. Then a custom built, fully enclosed wooden crate is made for the individual slab(s) to ensure safe transit.
We need you to provide the delivery address and the best contact name and phone number. This information will be provided to the freight carrier - they will call you directly to schedule your delivery appointment.
Once the crate ships, an email will be sent with tracking information and the freight carrier contact info.
Total time for delivery is estimated from 7 to 14 business days.
Within the Continental U.S. only. No International Shipping.
Payment is expected at time of purchase. The transaction will be canceled if payment is not received.
All items are listed locally and are subject to prior sale.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
For the best results, start with the best wood.
We have become the largest supplier of natural edge slabs in the country! What most people don't realize is the many steps we take to ensure that the lumber we sell is of the highest quality.
Our team starts by scouring the country for the best quality and most desirable logs. Most of our logs are bought from arborists and were removed because the tree was dying or damaged in a storm. Once the logs arrive at our sawmill, they are sawed either on our Woodmizer band sawmill, which can cut up to 70" wide and 40' long, or on our chain sawmill, that can cut up to 108" wide!
After the logs are milled, we dry the wood nice and slow to ensure the least amount of degrade. The slabs are air dried properly for 1-5 years, depending on size and species, then they are finish dried to 6%-8% moisture content in one of our two custom vacuum kilns. These computer controlled kilns are specifically designed to help us keep our wide slabs flat and produce high quality lumber.
Finally, unlike most companies, we sand our lumber slabs which saves our customers both time and money. Once someone finds the perfect slab for their latest project, the slab will be checked again for quality. Then a fully enclosed custom wooden crate is built to ensure safe transit to its new home.