● Hand-dyed by me using the Ice Dye technique ● Ice Dye Recipe #40 ● Resist Pattern K ● Dimensions: 44”x 11.5”
CUTS: You can order half of this piece (1/6 yard), just choose Left or Right in the options above.
Thanks for looking!
● Procion Dyes • Awesome colorfast dyes for cotton ● Cotton Sateen • 100-percent cotton • Thread count: 150 threads per inch x 80 threads per inch • Soft and luxurious, high quality cotton fabric with lovely drape. • It’s called “sateen,” but it’s not particularly shiny. • Great for quilts (soft enough for baby), fine clothing, home decorating. • Larger pieces (one yard) are perfect for pillowcases! • It’s a few dollars more per yard than some other cottons, but it’s my favorite fabric for Ice Dye. Its high thread count shows the patterns more crisply than looser weaves such as Kona, and it’s soft, light, and strong.
● RESISTS: I’m always looking for cool ways to improve on the awesome. For Ice Dyes, I love to use special dye-resist materials that create unique patterns. This adds to my labor (and thus, the cost) in folding it all together and in washing everything up afterward, but I think the results are stunning.
● I WASHED this piece gently by hand several times. I haven’t had a chance to put it through the washer, so for the first wash, wash it with like colors. It has already shrunk quite a bit during handwashing and ironing—but if you need maximum shrinkage, you can give it a machine wash and hot dry.
● CARE: The procion dyes are great, and the colors should stay bright. You can wash and dry it in any temperature, though gentle and cool washes are generally recommended. (I've washed my pillowcases several times in hot, and they still look great.)
● CUSTOM COLORS and SIZES: If you don’t see what you want, drop me a note, and I’ll see what I can do! I’ll send you a photo before you buy.
● I made an effort to correct any inaccuracies in color, but monitors and lighting vary, and getting the colors exactly right is not really possible. Let me know if it’s not what you expected.
● SHIPPING: Happy to combine shipping for multiple items. I'll automatically refund all but my actual postage costs. (Envelope plus postage.)