Spalted Maple Live Edge Raw Wood Slab Natural Vanity Wide Lumber Kitchen Counter Rustic Wooden Unfinished Bar Unique Table Free Ship! 4241x1
** The front of this slab has been sprayed with Denatured Alcohol to show color and grain **
o Item Number: 4241x1
o Species: Maple
o Length: 8'
o Widths: TOP 21" - MIDDLE 23" - BOTTOM 23"
o Sanded Thickness: 1"
o Weight: 62 lbs.
• Vacuum Kiln Dried to 6%-8% moisture content
• Sanded on faces
• This beautiful spalted Maple slab is a great option for a vanity, desk, bench, or bartop. This wide board has a fairly uniform width, spalting along all the edges, and gorgeous shades of golden brown throughout. Please take note of some checking along the top and bottom edges. Also note the soft, broken areas and sander skip areas along the right edge.
Maple, acer saccharum
• Origin:Northeastern North America
• Color:The sapwood varies from white to a creamy white color and the heartwood is light reddish brown. Pores are extremely small and not visible. Generally hard maple is straight grained, but occasionally you can find curly, birdseye, blister, burly, or fiddleback figure.
• Janka Hardness:1450 (medium-hard)
• Workability:Hard Maple is fairly easy to work, though slightly more difficult than Soft Maplebecause of its higher density. This wood takes stain well and is capable of a high polish. It turns well on a lathe and is markedly resistant to abrasive wear.
• Uses:Because of its excellent durability Hard Maple is used for flooring in bowling alleys, basketball courts, and gyms. It is also great for cutting boards, countertops, and bar tops. Maple logs can be found in very large sizes and will often have figuring to make interesting one piece tabletops.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Slabs are pulled from inventory at time of purchase. Then a custom built, fully enclosed wooden crate is made for the individual slab(s) to ensure safe transit.
We need you to provide the delivery address and the best contact name and phone number. This information will be provided to the freight carrier - they will call you directly to schedule your delivery appointment.
Once the crate ships, an email will be sent with tracking information and the freight carrier contact info.
Total time for delivery is estimated from 7 to 14 business days.
Within the Continental U.S. only. No International Shipping.
Payment is expected at time of purchase. The transaction will be canceled if payment is not received.
All items are listed locally and are subject to prior sale.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
For the best results, start with the best wood.
We have become the largest supplier of natural edge slabs in the country! What most people don't realize is the many steps we take to ensure that the lumber we sell is of the highest quality.
Our team starts by scouring the country for the best quality and most desirable logs. Most of our logs are bought from arborists and were removed because the tree was dying or damaged in a storm. Once the logs arrive at our sawmill, they are sawed either on our Woodmizer band sawmill, which can cut up to 70" wide and 40' long, or on our chain sawmill, that can cut up to 108" wide!
After the logs are milled, we dry the wood nice and slow to ensure the least amount of degrade. The slabs are air dried properly for 1-5 years, depending on size and species, then they are finish dried to 6%-8% moisture content in one of our two custom vacuum kilns. These computer controlled kilns are specifically designed to help us keep our wide slabs flat and produce high quality lumber.
Finally, unlike most companies, we sand our lumber slabs which saves our customers both time and money. Once someone finds the perfect slab for their latest project, the slab will be checked again for quality. Then a fully enclosed custom wooden crate is built to ensure safe transit to its new home.