Finally! A DIY kit that will teach you how to Make Your Own bottle brush style tree using a few simple materials. Our DIY Bottlebrush Tree Kit comes with very detailed instructions and step by step color photos. The kit includes everything you need to make a 6" tree like the one pictured in this listing (the tree pictured is not included). It includes:
- very detailed instructions of the process from beginning to end with color photos.
- 1/2 oz of hand dyed fiber. To prepare this beautiful forest green fiber for you to make your tree with, I cut a length of untreated sisal rope into pieces then I unraveled it, washed it and rinsed it. Next I dyed the fiber, rinsed it, laid the fibers out to dry, then combed them.
- One 20" piece of 17 gauge wire. The wire is folded in half to form a loop at the top.
- One 6" wooden dowel (to use if you prefer to twist the tree by hand)
- A metal hook you can secure in the chuck of a variable speed drill (if you prefer to use a drill to twist the tree )
- A single use tube of Crazy Glue (for mounting the finished tree into it's base)
- A natural cedar base with a pre-drilled hole to mount your tree in.
Once you make your first tree and learn the basics, you can go on make trees in any size, shape & color you want. That's what my husband and I have been doing for the last several years and now we want to share what we have learned with other interested DIY'rs out there.
Soon, we will also be offering for sale an array of supplies to supplement the kits. We'll do the prep work to make it easy for you to keep making trees. Look for several different kinds of fiber - dyed and natural - , an assortment of bases that are ready for you to mount your trees in, items you can use to decorate your trees and precut wires in different lengths and gauges, so stay tuned. Please feel free to contact me and let me know if there are specific things you are looking for.