artisan English porcelain sculpted shell pink white pod bead pendant set beach comb tide line artist handmade jewellery making Katy Wroe F65
hand sculpted pendant beads matt and gloss glazed, shades of blue white and hints of pink and shell tones
size - up to approx 50mm, bead holes approx 2/3mm
This set of beads is part of a small collection inspired by collecting walks along the tideline of the beach in Whitby, and includes shell forms, textures, seeweed forms, roots and driftwood textures and forms, alongside the wide ranging fossil & pebble types found along the Jurassic coast of North Eastern England . . . . do note that all beads are porcelain some can be deceptively realistic!
My work and beads are OOAK / limited edition, some with similarities but each unique and idisyncratic.
DECADIMENTO is the umbrella title for my current work: an exploration of the cycle of growth, construction, and destruction. Beautiful decay. The natural cycle of birth and rebirth.
I could find myself lost in the woods. I could find myself hidden amid the concrete wilderness.
High fired hand painted, kiln glazed porcelain, all glazes are lead free and food safe (US certified). My beads are sculpted / made by hand and variable. My larger beads are hand pressed and sculpted with lots of idiosyncratic variation, they are hollow with a good hanging weight, but not to heavy and are fully wearable.
Care: my porcelain beads are finished in the kiln up to 2200 F, they are strong and durable and resistant to water, heat, acid and alkaline, wearable washable and durable. Gilt finished beads have a cold glaze finish as the metal elements will not stand up to the heat of the kiln.
Use together or separate in jewelery, natural fibre sewing, felting, knitting pieces or mixed media.
see more details of my work at www.katywroe.uk
Combined shipping is available, you only pay once for shipping per order (not per item).
I have an extensive selection of antique and vintage pieces for sale online as: miss wroe I also sell my own handmade porcelain jewellery, sculptures and paintings as: katy wroe / decadimento.
• COMPLETION TIMES: most items listed are ready for shipping and will be shipped within 1-3 business days.
• UK standard postage by Royal Mail first class, upgrades available to Royal Mail signed & Special Delivery.
• Europe standard postage by Royal Mail airmail, upgrades available to Royal Mail tracked / signed.
• USA standard postage by Royal Mail airmail, upgrades available to Royal Mail tracked / signed.
• WORLDWIDE standard postage by Royal Mail airmail, upgrades available to Royal Mail tracked / signed.
Tracking en route is not available on standard shipping options, if you require this facility please use the upgrade options.
Please note for both domestic and international postage, delays can occur within the postal system especially during holiday seasons and when items are subject to customs checks. As a small independent business I adopt the policies of my shipping provider Royal Mail who class items as lost after 15 WORKING days for UK customers and 25 WORKING days for European and International customers. Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude any public holidays. If you do not receive your order in this time frame please contact me for a replacement or refund.
• I accept payments via PayPal either with a valid credit or debit card, or paypal account.
• Layaway and deposits to secure items are also possible please convo me to discuss / arrange these.
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Additional return information
• FOR RETURNS FOR RETURNS please notify me on receipt, items may be returned within 14 days of receipt.
• REFUNDS are only processed on receipt of the returned item providing it is returned unworn in its original as sold condition.
• Return postage is the buyers responsibility.
• INTERNATIONAL RETURNS- must clearly be marked on customs forms as returning items.
• Many hours and in some cases years! have been spent researching & designing my jewellery. I hope, and ask other etsy sellers to respect the originality of my designs.
• Porcelain pieces are high temperature kiln fired, the glazes used are all lead free and food safe (certified in the UK & US).
• Katy Wroe new jewellery is hand made using sterling silver & gold findings, these are suitable for allergy sufferers.
• Antique & Vintage pieces are pre-loved and will have some signs of their age, any significant wear or flaw will be detailed in the listing and photographs, please do study the photographs!
• I am committed to the customer satisfaction and would love to hear from you!