UPGRADED VERSION for most 1911 pistols and many more handguns rear sights. Please see dimensions for specific fit or email anytime. Be sure to ask about my front sight firearms training memberships at low prices for my customers.
Please contact me with any questions or issues before or after purchase before using Etsy. Thank you.
Pla only comes in Black Engraved Model: If you order the engraved model, please include the initials (up to 3 letters or numbers) in a message at checkout. If no message is received, I will print the initials of the name on the order on the left lower corner.
This tool will fit the following slides:
Auction is for one (1) BLACK tool. All other pictures are only for reference and tool use. I can make different colors upon request for Buy it Now auctions. Please email me with ANY questions prior to bidding. THANKS
Please read instructions and watch video below before attempting to use your tool.
Made of high quality PLA and will fit "MOST" 1911 Pistols. May fit several other firearms. Please check for your specific use before purchase. Will fit most "flat" style rear sights. I can make custom tools upon request for BUY IT NOW items. Please see dimensions in pictures to verify fit. Comes with spacers for use as a universal pusher. Please see photos for dimensions. Guns in the pictures are a Glock 17 and a Springfield 9mm Sub Compact and are for demo purposes only. NO FIREARMS INCLUDED IN THIS SALE.
One of the most common modifications made to the new generation semi-automatic pistols is to replace the stock sights with the new tritium style night sights common on most guns today . Night sights are fragile and must be handled carefully. This tool is designed to push out the old sights and push the new ones into place. It also works good at the range for adjusting the sights side to side.
To compensate for sloppy tolerances in the dovetail cuts most manufacturers machine their sights a little large and you will need to fit the sights by filing or stoning.
1. Look at the sight and see if you need the angled side or the straight side of the pusher block. Make sure the gun is unloaded.
2. Remove slide from pistol.
3. Clean gun
4. Use oil or gun grease on the threads of the tool and oil the sight so it moves easily.
5. Install the slide and shim as needed with spacers or washers so you`re lined up to push at the bottom of the sight
6. Put slide into tool. Use the included spacers to adjust for proper fit for your specific handgun. You can use them anyway you wish to make it fit correctly. Place side spacer TOWARDS handle as in pictures.
7. Check that you have it lined up right. You might want to put a something to protect your gun in-between he gun and tool.
8. Slowly turn the bolt head and keep checking as the sight moves into alignment.
( 20 pounds of torque on a 6" long wrench is over 2,000 lbs of pressure pushing on the sight. )
9. DO NOT force it " STOP " and soak the slide and sight in gun oil over night and then try again to get it apart.
Some stock sights so tightly fitted that you should consider taking it to a gunsmith for proper fit
We accept no responsibility for the use OR misuse of this device. Any damage to the item or the firearm are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Buy purchasing this item, you expressly agree to these terms. No returns for this item. Thank You!!
Again, please do not force your new sight on. If it is very tight, it will need to be oiled or slightly sanded to fit well. You should not have to FORCE your sight on.
If you are going to purchase more than 2 units at a time, please know there may be extra waiting time to fulfill order. Contact me for specific quote.
PLEASE, if you have an issue, PLEASE contact me before initiating a return or leaving negative or neutral feedback OR leaving less than 3 stars for all categories. Ebay is horrible for sellers and I would the opportunity to fix any issues without giving them a chance to take everything from me. PLEASE give me a chance to make it right and work it out. Just use the normal Ebay messaging and I will get back with you promptly. Thank you.