**This listing is for a PDF knitting pattern, NOT a knitted item.**
The motif which inspired the patterns for these socks is a very common one in medieval illuminations. One manuscript where it appears very frequently is the Welles Apocalypse, a work of English origin, written in French, from the first quarter of the 14th century.
* Source images: - http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8451616p/f263.item.zoom - http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8451616p/f117.item.zoom - http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8451616p/f117.item.zoom * More information about the source document: http://archivesetmanuscrits.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cc50536k
* Knitting, purling * Increasing, decreasing * Stranded knitting in the round and flat * Chart reading * Working in the round with DPNs (alternatives: two circulars or the magic loop technique)
* Small: finished hand circumference 6.75”, height not including ribbing 5.25” * Medium: finished hand circumference 7.25”, height not including ribbing 5.625” * Large: finished hand circumference 7.75”, height not including ribbing 6”
Model shown was made in size medium.
Main colour shown is the gradiating pink; contrast colour shown is the white.
* Small: 115 yards of MC, 55 yards of CC * Medium: 135 yards of MC, 65 yards of CC * Large: 155 yards of MC, 75 yards of CC
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED
* Stitch marker * (Optional) Two additional stitch markers, different from the first * Spare length of yarn about 6” long * Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
(c) 2017 Kathleen Sperling. Not for reproduction or distribution.
No reviews yet
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Returns & exchanges
Provided that you haven't made any downloads of the pattern yet, your purchase of a digital download pattern can be refunded and cancelled at your request. However, the fees incurred to refund your purchase price will be deducted from your refund; a breakdown of these costs will be provided at the time of the refund.
Questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com.
Purchased patterns may not be sold or distributed.