The "ATHENA" Wise Owl Theme Collection Description:
Chic Creations’ “SEWING COLLECTIONS” have been meticulously curated for Needlework, Cross Stitch and Embroidery hand sewing projects! They are the perfect size for all the little essentials of stitching! Each themed kit is distinctive to the Designer Collection series and contains over 40 pieces.The essentials set is an INCREDIBLE value!! (If you were to purchase each item separately, the cost would be $75.00+.) This collection is one-of-a-kind, unique, elegant, exclusive, practical, handy, functional and convenient. These are not your average Grandmother's sewing kit! Chic Creations’ designer collections will make special heirloom gifts for the special thread artisan in your life, for special occasions or even a special treat for yourself. All the resources in this collection are a very wise choice!
The Athena #BCS029 Collection contents include a minimum of the following items:
• One pair of featured excellent quality Embroidery Scissors “Aqua Blue with multi colored OWLS” 4.0"
• One pale Blue Leather Embroidery Scissor Protective Sheath Cover
• One unique artisan handmade Scissor Fob which includes dazzling glass art beads*
• One Collectors Thimble made in England – Porcelain Thimble with an adorable owl on the front.
• One Dressmakers' Tape Measure: 60” long (retractable) including a handmade coordinating small bead fob.
• One Seam Ripper
• One small Jar of beautiful vintage Buttons. Exclusively selected for this themed box (minimum of ten buttons per jar)
• One charming Needle Threader
• One Needle Tube filled with at least 4 high quality sewing Needles, and designer Straight Pins and Safety Pins
• One Aluminum “14-in-1 Measuring Gauge. (The favorite tool you didn’t know you needed! A double-sided gauge with 14 functional measures which are very handy for checking small measurements.)
• One Hinged Tin Storage Box. The box measures 5.5” width X 3.7” length X .9” height. (14cm X 9.4cm X 2.3 cm) This well-made tin box contains a hinged top with a clear window for viewing its beautiful contents.
• The interior floor of the box has a rectangular Liner Insert that is completely matchless to this collection. It is a very practical box to organize and store your sewing needs.
• Three bobbin spools of polyester Sewing Thread: black, white and a coordinating color. Each spool contains Approximately 125 yards (114 meters) per bobbin of polyester thread.
• One skein of premium Six-strand Embroidery Thread Floss: 100% Cotton and about 7 yards (8 meters) of thread.
• One Ribbon Card wrapped with about ¾ yard (60 cm) of Vintage Lace: straight from the bolt!
• One extra Thread/Ribbon Spool Card for your organizational desires (Hand made with card stock and made to look like a thread spool)
• One unique artisan handmade Stick Pin: made with extraordinary glass art beads. Decorate a pin cushion, mark a spot on your needlework project or even wear it on a lapel.
• Each Boxed Collection is One-of-a-kind!
The Glass Beads:
• The various glass art beads used for these Designer Collection Sets include: Czech glass beads, handmade glass Lampwork beads, Crystal Swarovski beads from Austria, Wood beads, Ceramic hand painted beads, Crystal Pave beads (each with 72 tiny hand placed crystals), Paper beads (handmade by African women), Crackle glass beads, Gem beads, unique Vintage beads, Venetian Millefiori Murano handmade glass beads, Porcelain beads, Shell beads, faux Pearl beads or Metal beads. Each Collection Box will include an artisan handmade scissor fob, tape measure fob and stick pin that include a design made from three or more of the above listed beads.
This well appointed collection and all the products it contains have been curated with handfuls of detail, lots of creative love and high quality bits & pieces from all around the world! ~ Carolyn C. Corbett
Any photography props used in this listing which are NOT listed in the contents for this collection, are not included.
Your order will be shipped crazy fast! Within ONE business day, if not the same day! Your purchase will ship via USPS insured Priority Mail with a tracking number. You will receive it quickly!
If you have any questions, please convo me prior to purchasing! I am happy to give you more information about my creations.
Shipping & policies
I ship orders c--r-a-z-y FAST via USPS Mail. Orders usually ship the same day or next morning, Monday - Saturday. Please contact me if you need something more quickly; I can ship expedited and add the extra cost to your listing.
I strive to make sure my customers have a wonderful experience. If you are unhappy for any reason with your purchase please contact me immediately and we will discuss a solution to resolve any matter to your satisfaction.
Please have your Etsy & PayPal address current! If your Etsy address is different from your PayPal address, I will ship to the Etsy address you provided at checkout. Chic Creations is not responsible for returned or undeliverable shipments due to incorrect addresses provided from your Etsy or PayPal account.
Refunds will be made (minus the postage paid to ship it to you) after the item has been returned to me in its original condition. The buyer is responsible for the return shipping costs.
Lost or damaged packages will be handled on a case by case basis.
I accept payment through PayPal and Credit Card via the Etsy Direct Checkout!
I have found both of these methods to be safe for both parties.
Orders are shipped within one business day upon payment.
Reserved listings will be held for one week, after which time they will be released for my public listings.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
I do not accept returns on custom created items (any item that is not a regular listing in my shop. I will not accept returns on Vintage Millinery. However, I will be glad to work with you to remedy any issues with your order.
The customer will be responsible for returning items to me in their original condition as well as any return shipping costs.
Please contact me if the items were damaged in transit to you. I will do everything I can to fix the problem! A photo of the damaged items would be appreciated.
Handmade or curated with love in a smoke-free and Golden Retriever friendly environment.
FUN FACTS ABOUT PRESSED COINS! :-)
What is a Pressed (Elongated) Coin?
Pressed coins are created when a coin is squeezed between two rollers, one of which has an engraving on its surface. As the coin is flattened (or pressed) into an oval shape, the engraving roller permanently presses a special image or message onto it. Elongated coins come in all denominations including tokens and foreign coins, with the one cent piece being by far the most common.
The Legality of Altering Coins:
According to the Pressed Penny web site, it is legal to alter coins within reason. The Pressed Penny web site states: "The United States Codes under Title 18, Chapter 17, and Section 331 'prohibits the mutilation, diminution and falsification of United States coinage. However, this statute does not prohibit the mutilation of coins if done without fraudulent intent or use.'"
Pressed pennies are collectibles. The act of collecting, trading, and selling pressed pennies, or any other elongated coins, is akin to collecting stamps or intact coins. Because collecting coins is a legitimate numismatic purpose, altering a penny or elongating it for the purpose of collecting is legal.
Pressed Coin History:
The art of pressing coins dates back more than 100 years. The earliest known pressed coins are from 1818 Vienna, Austria. In the late 1800s, pressed coin souvenirs were introduced into the United States at the World’s Columbian Exposition held in Chicago, Illinois.
Disneyland started pressing pennies in 1987. In 1992, Walt Disney World became the second Disney park to have penny machines. To obtain Disney Park Pressed Pennies, a separate admission is required to enter the Disney Resort theme parks.
Prices of elongated coins vary depending on the number rolled, age, denomination, popularity of topic or event, even the condition of the coin. There are four published books which catalog elongated coins. The latest and the most comprehensive was authored by Angelo A. Rosato, ‘ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE MODERN ELONGATEDS’ 1990 (1700 pages- hard bound).
History of the Pressed Coin Die:
◾Chemicals are used to imprint an image on a roller (metal die)
◾The image is etched in reverse (i.e., mirror image) so that the picture pressed onto the coin will be correct.
◾Hand skilled artisans utilize delicate dental instruments to carve out the image
◾Depending on the complexity, it usually takes 1 – 2 days to engrave a single die
◾The Disneyland® Resort has penny, quarter, nickel, and dime coin pressers.
◾The Disney World® Resorts have penny, quarter and dime coin pressers.
These machines are primarily run electrically, but most of the new machines have been the four die hand crank variety. These pressed coin machines feature designs containing Disney characters, theme parks, attractions and special events. Each machine contains either one, three or four different designs.
What is a Backstamp?
In 2004, Disneyland was the first Disney Resort anywhere to offer pressed coins with double sided backstamps. These coins are called mules, double-sided or backstamped elongateds. Around March of 2013, backstamps were introduced near Walt Disney World by a double penny press, located inside the Disney Cruise Line Terminal, offering six different Disney Cruise Line pressed pennies, each with the same DCL logo reverses. Hence, making DCL pressed coins extremely rare, valuable and collectable! Hopefully, Walt Disney World Parks will offer backstamps on their penny presses in the future.
"And now... the moment you've all been waiting for! The amazing, the stupendous, the colossal, the eighth wonder of the world... the back side of the PENNY !"
Copper vs. Zinc Pennies:
1982 was the year in which the metal used to make US cents transitioned from copper to copper-plated zinc. Pressed coin collectors, most generally, prefer copper or "Pre -1982" cents, including wheat cents. New zinc cents (1982 and later) weigh less than the pre-1982 pennies. A new zinc penny is 95% zinc, with a THIN copper coating. As a result of the zinc pennies being a softer metal, they often press out longer coins than the copper pennies. Rolled zinc cents can expose their "silver-colored" zinc core in streaks that break through the copper plated surface of the coin. The silver color may oxidize and darken, which adds to its unique charm. Attempts to remove the black oxide often results in damage to the coin.
The majority of elongated coins collectors prefer pre-1982 pennies (mostly 99% copper) for use in pressing elongated cents . However, it is a matter of personal preference.
Would you like to see pennies being pressed at Disney World? Check it out!
A Penny for your Thoughts...
Pressed pennies are avidly sought after by young and old collectors around the world. In some cases, a very rare pressed coin can change hands for substantial sums of money.
Happy Collecting! ~ Carolyn
Check out my other Etsy Shops as well:
♦My original shop ~ "Chic Creations by CCC": A Pressed Penny Lovers Emporium of Elegant Accessories
♦A sister shop ~ "Uncommon Cents by CCC": Pressed Penny, Five and Dime Shoppe. Specializing in Disney elongated pressed coins for your own craft projects or collections
♦An Ergonomic Wrist Rest Shop ~ "Softwrist": High Performance Computer Wrist Rests! Ergonomically designed for comfort, support and injury prevention of repetitive hand motion