● Hand-dyed using the Low Immersion Dye technique ● Dye Recipe #204 ● Resist Pattern J ● Dimensions: 18”x 44”
Thanks for looking!
● Procion Dyes • Awesome colorfast dyes for cotton
● Cotton Sateen • 100-percent cotton • Thread-count: 150 threads per inch x 80 threads per inch • Soft and luxurious, high quality cotton fabric with lovely drape. • It’s called “sateen,” but it’s not particularly shiny. • Great for quilts (soft enough for baby), fine clothing, home decorating. • Larger pieces (one yard) are perfect for pillowcases! • It’s a few dollars more per yard than some other cottons, but it’s my favorite fabric for Ice Dye. Its high thread-count shows the patterns more crisply than looser weaves such as Kona, and it’s soft, light, and strong.
● RESISTS: I’m always looking for cool ways to improve on the awesome. For Low Immersion Dyes (which I call "scrunch dyes," I love to use special dye-resist materials that create unique patterns. This adds to my labor (and thus, the cost) in folding it all together and in washing everything up afterward, but I think the results are stunning.
● WASHED: I soaked and washed the fabric gently by hand several times, then put it through the washer and a hot dryer, to fully shrink it and remove any remaining excess dye.
● CARE: The procion dyes are great, and the colors should stay bright. You can wash and dry it in any temperature, though gentle and cool washes are generally recommended. (I've washed my pillowcases several times in hot, and they still look great.)
● CUSTOM COLORS and SIZES: If you don’t see what you want, drop me a note, and I’ll see what I can do! I’ll send you a photo before you buy.
● I made an effort to correct any inaccuracies in color, but monitors and lighting vary, and getting the colors exactly right, I've discovered, is not possible. Let me know if it’s not what you expected.
● SHIPPING: Happy to combine shipping for multiple items. I'll automatically refund all but my actual postage costs. (Envelope plus postage.)