$5.00 Flat rate shipping just added on all kit orders!
Do you just love the fabric and designs in my rag kits but not a fan of the fringe? These traditional pieced kits are just for you! I designed these after my most popular rag kits but in a pieced design. Best of all, these have the soft minky and plush fabrics that are so popular right now and it won't take you months to finish it. I love making quilts that offer a big wow factor but only take a day to make (2 if you are a beginner) In this Kit you get all the fabrics needed to make the quilt shown. Top fabrics are 100% quilters FLANNELS in browns blues green and orange. The backing is a blue plush fabric. Because I am using plush fabrics you really don't need to add batting or your machine may have a hard time stitching over the thickness. Instead, I used a layer of white flannel just to give the top fabrics a lining and a touch of extra weight. The finished results are a dense, warm and pliable quilt. It has a lovely drape. Kit includes:
• 20 squares for the front - combinations of the flannel + brown minky prints shown
• Blue plush backing which you won't need to seam.
• Precut strips for the blue gingham and brown dot border. No seaming needed
• Precut green binding strips to make a double folded binding (will need to sew the strips together). THIS WILL BE DONE IN THE GREEN FABRIC IN THE QUILT NOT THE ORANGE.
• Also included are 3 cute die cuts for your to sew on. (see last photo) These come precut and ready to fuse and sew. The 2 construction signs come embroidered with the words included. All you need to do it fuse and stitch around the simple design. The truck has all the pieces precut, ready to fuse and sew. So many people are afraid of appliques. These are easy shapes and I really encourage you to try them. You can use a simple zigzag stitch to make all the appliques I have I my store and you don't have to use embroidery thread. You can use regular thread if that is all you have available and they still turn out really nice.
• Kits are cut and shipped within 3-5 business days PER KIT ordered.
• Illustrated instructions are also included as well as any email support you need. Please be aware I provide general piecing instructions applicable to all my pieced quilt designs. Its helpful to have general quilting experience but it’s simple enough for beginners. Directions are digital and EMAILED to your etsy address.
Finished size is 38" x 46"
Different sizes are not yet being offered.
Supplies you need: Sewing machine scissors walking foot open toe foot (optional) quilt basting spray (absolutely mandatory) all purpose thread Embroidery or all purpose thread for sewing appliques* If you see a rag kit that you would like adapted to a pieced kit please let me know. If there are are quantities available I can do this in most cases. We are currently in the processing of designing more of the traditional pieced kits so please let me know if there is one that you would like to see added.
Jun 29, 2018 by Amy Wuebbels
Beautiful quilt. The fabrics are so soft and cozy. My son will love it. The binding fabric was only cut at 2 1/4 inch so it was a bit tight to wrap around and catch the thickness of the minky backing. A slightly wider binding would be nice. 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 inch. Otherwise, absolutely beautiful and so happy with my purchase! Thanks!!!
I ship USPS with delivery confirmation. I ship using the most cost effective means or based on your preferences. I offer insurance upon request. I do ship worldwide so please contact me for an exact shipment quote if you reside outside the US.
Paypal please. You can also use a credit card through direct check out.
Returns & exchanges
Certainly if you aren't pleased you may return your quilt. Buyer assumes all shipping costs to purchase and to return. All sales are final on quilts that are personalized.